Monday, 14 January 2013

ESSIE WINTER COLLECTION 2012

I have been eyeing Essie's Winter Collection for 2012 for so long so I made a sneaky purchase off of ASOS last week since they had their extra 10% discount for sale items.
I did not know if I actually wanted the collection since most of the polishes were ones that I do not wear however I decided to just buy the mini's since it contain the two polishes that I did like.

 Here is a better look of all the polishes in the set: 
(From left to right: Where's My Chauffeur?, Leading Lady, Snap Happy, Beyond Cozy)
Where's My Chauffeur? - is a bright turquoise colour which has a cream finish. I did not like this polish when I saw swatches and I do not like this polish now. It was streaky that it took me 2 thick coats in order for me to get the final fiinish.
Leading Lady - when I saw swatches of this polish, I instantly knew that I loved it even though I did not have it. It is a dark red which has red glitter, I would say it is a jelly polish, when dried it gives a slight texture to your nails but I like it, to avoid this I would simply apply a topcoat. The formulation of this polish was really good and it only took me one coat for full opacity.
Snap Happy - is a orange toned red which has a cream finish. I have nothing like this kind of red in my collection so I am happy that I have it. The formulation is really nice too as I only used 2 thin coats to get full opacity.
Beyond Cozy - this was the other polish in the collection that I really wanted. It is a glitter polish which has finely milled silver and gold glitter. In the sun, it looks silver however when I was inside this leaned more to the gold side. The formulation of this polish is fantastic, I only needed 1 coat in order for it to become opaque.

Essie Winter Collection retailed for £16.95 on ASOS however it is now only £12.50 in the sale plus there's an extra 10% discount code which is available for all sale items, so be sure to get yours now!

Love Always,
Mandeep
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x