Monday, 7 July 2014

NAILS INC GEL EFFECT POLISH

(I know today is supposed to be a Manicure Monday, but I just had to show you all this nail polish!)

Who knew I needed another nail polish in my collection! I have been umm-ing and agh-ing whether or not to buy the Nails Inc Gel Effect polish in Porchester Square, but when I was making an order online the other day and I had to 'boost' up my total to get free p&p (postage and packaging) and I just decided to get it.
The whole idea of the Nails Inc Gel Effect polish is that it provides a high shine and a super glossy finish without the need for a UV lamp! Great if you are not one for spending a fortune on gel nails but you love the look of it. It is also said that the polish contains a plumping technology that is also used a salon Gel manicure. 
 The original Porchester Square was a cult beauty favourite in the blogosphere, but I did not pay much attention to it (more like it took all my willpower not to just buy it!) but when I saw the new Nails Inc Gel Effect polishes last year, it made me want it more, so here it is on my nails:
(two coats, natural light)

Porchester Square is described as being a 'cute muted mushroom shade' but to be more specific it is a greyish beigey lavender, that has a creme finish. It is definitely one of those shades that is non offensive, so great if you work in a more corporate environment (?), but it really is one of those shades that you can wear all year around. Plus you have never really have too many nudey nail polishes, right?
In terms of application and longevity, I found two coats to be sufficient and I did not bother with a topcoat as it does give a really nice finish to the nails and it seemed to last on my nails for about four days and on the fifth day I found it started to chip a little. The Gel Effect polish is highly pigmented and as it has a wide brush there is hardly no streaking or dragging, which I really dislike in a polish.

I purchased mine from Beauty Bay where it is only £12.46 whereas it retails for £14.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x