Friday, 8 August 2014

THE ROUND UP | JULY 2014

I am a little late posting my favourites for the month of July but I have just been so busy these past two weeks, I did not have the time to actually sit down and write a blog post, so without further ado, here is what I have been loving for the month of July.

I have been looking for a new cleanser this month and so I decided to buy the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser, which is perfect for my sensitive and dry skin. I have a hard time finding a gentle but effective cleanser and this did not disappoint me, it did not flare up my eczema which I tend to get on my cheeks. I have been wearing a lot of make up these past few weeks to the week of my cousin's wedding and so I dug through my make up stash and found my Laura Mercier foundation primer and the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, these two were a god send for me since we have had a crazy heatwave here in London, my foundation would slip and slide off my face (which I have not had an issue with before) and by using these two in conjunction with one another was perfect. The Laura Mercier Foundation Primer just made applying my foundation so much easier and the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray made my make up to stay all day.
I have been using MAC Hibiscus Kiss Powder Duo non stop this month, the blush looks a little scary when swatched but when applied with the Real Techniques Blush Brush, it looks lovely. It seems to give off a glow, plus the bronzer is great, it is not muddy nor does it have any shimmer/glitter running through it.
MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow in Ice, which was from the Apres Chic Collection for Spring 2013, has been a rediscovery for me this month. I have been using this as a highlight instead of an eyeshadow this month, I simply pop it on my cheekbones and my cupid's bow and instantly, it just gives off a sheen. Unfortunately, I do not think you can get this anymore but MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle is very similar.
The MAC Morning Mister Magpie Brow Duo, more specifically the darkest shade (Brun) is what I have been using for my eyebrows. My eyebrows are naturally dark and full but I have some sparse areas towards the centre and so purchasing this duo this month was probably the best purchase I have made from MAC in a long time! It is just so handy and the shade is perfect for my eyebrows.
When digging through my make up stash, I found this lip crayon by Urban Decay in Lovechild, it is a cool pink with blue undertones, and is super glossy. I have no idea how I forgot about this lip crayon but I am glad I found it again, I have been wearing this non stop this month and I have even had compliments about it - which never happens!

That is pretty much what I have been loving for the month of July and if I told you to buy one thing from this, it would be the Urban Decay Super Saturated lip colour in Lovechild.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x