Thursday, 21 August 2014

THE MAKE UP BRUSH EDIT

Make up brushes have become a vital part of my make up routine, I cannot think how I would not apply my make up without using them, so today I thought I would show you my all time favourites (of right now).
FOR THE FACE:
Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki: A cult face brush for so many people and I can see why. This is hands down my favourite brush for applying concealer. By pressing the concealer into the skin, it provides extra coverage and looks seamless.
Sigma F30 Large Powder Brush: I love using this brush for applying powder along my T-zone, it is so large and less dense so applying powder feels like a dream. I also really like to use this to help blend my bronzer and blush, just so there are no harsh lines present.
Real Techniques Blush Brush: This may seem similar to the Sigma F30, but it is slightly tapered and so it works great for applying bronzer/blush, not so much for contouring but to warm up the face, it is great.
Real Techniques Stippling Brush: This is much more dense, like the Sigma F80, but I find this much more easier to work for foundation, I simply apply my foundation on the back of my hand and I dot it (with the brush) on my face, I then blend my foundation with the brush and it helps to provide an even finish. It is also much easier to add more layers, without looking cakey, when necessary and I found I have to use less product when I use this brush.
FOR THE EYES:
Sigma E65 Small Angled Brush: This is my go to for both my brows and for applying gel liner, because it is so small it is perfect to have complete control of the brush when applying gel liner, also because it is so small, applying powder for my brows is easier because I can create small strokes with this brush.
MAC 217 Blending Brush: Whenever I wear eyeshadow, this is my go-to brush for blending, it just works every time - a must for everyone's make up brush stash.
Sigma E40 Tapered Brush: I have been using this for highlighting my brow bone, cheek bone and cupid's bow lately, and I really like the way it blends out. I also find I use less product than I normally would do.
EcoTools Spoolie Brush: A definite essential for anyone's make up bag, I used this whenever I need to 'groom' my brows. Unfortunately, I can not find this specific spoolie online, but any spoolie would do, again this is a must for everyone's brush stash, it is very much overlooked and not considered by many but I honestly cannot live without it.

That is pretty much it for my current Make Up Brush Edit, I have a feeling that this would not change for some time, as I feel like I have all the brushes I would ever need.

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of the Sigma brush, I need to get some new brushes asap mine are definitely all on their last legs!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to get your hands on some Sigma brushes - I brought the Mrs Bunny collection first and slowly my collection has grown!

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x