Monday, 22 September 2014

BIRTHDAY NAILS!

So you may not know but today is my birthday. Yes I am another year older and at the age of 22 (woah!) I guess I am another year wiser. I have been referring today as my 'golden year', 22 years old on the 22nd! And so, I thought I would show you my (not so) golden manicure.
I chose my favourite Illamasqua Shattered Star nail polish -'Trilliant', now this is not a golden nail polish by any means but with it's intense glitter, I thought it was suitable for the Birthday Girl to wear it. It is a muted beige-y pink, with silver chunks of glitter and shimmer running through it.
One of my biggest pet peeve, when it comes to nail polishes, is the number of coats I need to do before I have an opaque finish and luckily with this one, I simply had to do two coats for a more even and opaque finish, I could have even gotten away with just one coat. Trilliant dries in a semi matte and has a textured finish when dried, I decided to apply my Seche Vite top coat for a slightly more glossy finish but it still has some texture to it.
Trilliant is one of my favourite nail polishes in my whole collection and even though this was limited edition, it is still available on the Illamasqua website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x