Saturday, 20 September 2014

THE BROW EDIT

Brows. I remember when people used to thread, wax or pluck their eyebrows to next to nothing but now, the bigger and bushier your brows are, the more appealing they seem to be. Personally for me, I am in the middle between the two, my preference it not too thin but not too thick, it has to be just right, like Goldilocks. Saying that, I thought it would be a good idea to show you all what I use to keep my brows in check.
 My first point of call is to groom the bad boys, I use my EcoTools Spoolie Brush to simply brush through my brows, if needed I use small curved scissors to just cut any frays, especially towards the centre of my brows, as they have a tendency to grow quite long. In between my visits to my beautician, I simply pluck any hairs that I see with my Tweezerman Tweezers, I normally last around 6-8 weeks before I 'lose' my shape and I have to let them grow a little to get them threaded again. When filling my brows in, I have always used the Miss Sporty Just Clear Mascara, as my brows tend to fly about in the wind, I also used the Sigma E65 brush to fill them in.
I love using the Benefit BrowZings, more specifically the wax in the kit, it acts like a two in one product, it fills in any sparse areas whilst helping to set my brows in place. If I have a little bit more time in the morning, I turn to MAC Brun eyeshadow, I finally found an eyeshadow that was not warm toned to fill in my brows, I use this with the Sigma E65 brush which helps to distribute the product much more easier and I use the Miss Sporty Just Clear Mascara to set it in place.
If I am in a complete rush, then my go to product is the Maybelline Brow Drama brow mascara in Dark Brown, it just works so well and it does not leave your brows feeling 'crispy' like you have put hair spray on it, I find this to be the exact same as the Benefit Gimme Brow (£17.50), the only difference is the shape of the brush, but at a mere £5 I am not complaining, I actually returned the Benefit brow mascara because I found it to be exactly the same as the Maybelline one.

My brows are most definitely not sparse or fair, I have fairly thick dark brows, but sometimes you just need that little bit extra 'oomph' and I do not leave the house without at least filling in my brows, it just frames your face and makes you look more awake than you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x