Wednesday, 24 September 2014

TOM FORD EYE COLOR QUAD - GOLDEN MINK 01

Tom Ford. A brand that I have always admired from a far, yet it was not until recently I decided to splurge as it was my birthday yesterday. After looking and swatching the products for a good 15 minutes, I decided to leave it but it was not until I kept staring at a swatch of eyeshadow on my arm that I decided to go back and buy the eyeshadow quad in Golden Mink.
 The eyeshadow quad comes with a brown pouch which just makes it all the more fancier whenever I take it out. The packaging it definitely aesthetically pleasing, it comes in a sleek, quite large, brown palette which has gold accents. The quad has a magnetic closure and on the side of the palette it has 'TOM FORD' indented. It truly feels expensive. 
 And finally the quad!
 The palette itself comes with a large mirror along with two applicators, both with the sponge tip applicators, one with an angled brush and one with a pointed sponge tip applicator. These are not particularly useful to me but it is more of a novelty item I guess. Just look at the colours!
(swatched without primer, natural light)
 I obviously chose the quad that has the most neutral colour selection from the range, as I would get the most use out of it. So the quad itself comes with two glitter eyeshadows (on the top row) and two satin eyeshadows (on the bottom row), now there are many mix reviews about this quad as it has two glitter eyeshadows but I honestly do not care, I love it!
The first glitter eyeshadow is a golden ivory eyeshadow. The second glitter eyeshadow is a warm peachy bronze eyeshadow, both these glitter eyeshadows have a warm undertone to it. 
The first satin finish eyeshadow is a beige with silver undertones and finally the last satin eyeshadow is a brown eyeshadow, both these eyeshadows have a cool undertone to it.

Tom Ford Eye Color Quads retail for £62
Expensive yes, but I am in love with this eyeshadow quad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x