Sunday, 19 October 2014

THE GEL EDIT

Lately, I have noticed that I have been wearing gel liner a lot more often and so I thought it would be a perfect time to discuss two of my favourite gel liner products I have in my collection.
The MAC Blacktrack Fluidline has been my ultimate favourite gel liner since day one, it is just so creamy and easy to work with that I have never had an issue with it. Blacktrack is a 'solid flat black', so it has no shimmer nor glitter running through it however it does not dry matte either. On me, it is long wearing, so by the end of the day, my liner is practically intact and still as pigmented as when I first applied it. MAC has described this to be 'smudge proof' however, if you are like me and constantly touch your eyes (for some bizarre reason) during the day, the 'flick' can smudge a little.
On another note, is it bad to admit that this is the same little black pot I brought from MAC three years ago(!) Saying that, it has not dried up, does not smell weird, has not changed texture/colour and does not irritate my eyes - which is saying something because I have sensitive eyes. I use this with my Sigma E65 brush and it works wonders.
The Benefit They're Real! Push Up Liner is a newbie in my make up stash, I only brought this in July when it initially released and honestly, it took me a while to get used to applying my gel liner with a pen, but I got used to it and I like it. It is not a product I will go to when I am in a rush to get ready because a) you need a steady hand b) it can be a bit difficult to work with and c) you need a steady hand(!)
It is so pigmented and most definitely long wearing that, again, by the end of the day, my liner is still perfectly intact. It is has a similar finish to the MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, in the sense that it does not dry completely matte but does not have any shimmer/glitter running through it. The one bad/good thing about this gel liner, is it's lasting power, it literally does not budge when it dries but it can be a pain to remove - I use the corresponding Benefit They're Real! Remover (which is a balmy cleanser) or an oil-based make up remover.

If I had to choose one of the two, I would say the MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, just because it is much more easier to work with, you can see how much product you have and it has not dried out yet (I store mine upside down). Plus it is cheaper, at £15.50, than the Benefit They're Real! Push Up Liner, which is £18.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x