Friday, 24 October 2014

THE HAIR OILS

Hair oils. Something that I would run away from when I was 16. I used to hate putting oil in my hair. By putting oil on my hair, I used to associated with it being greasy and just not clean. I did not realise that by putting oil on your hair, you can just put a pea sized amount, as opposed to jugfuls, looking back now, my hair definitely needed it more specifically my scalp. My scalp tends to get flaky and for me, that is a sign which says my hair and scalp needs moisturise, especially now since it is officially Autumn.

I use two different hair oils, both well known in the beauty community, for different uses. For the ends of my hair, I simply use Moroccan Oil, now this can be and look a little bit heavy if you use too much, so I simply apply no more than a pea sized amount and then apply it to the ends of my hair when it is damp. It helps to keep my hair from becoming frizzy and it keeps any fly aways at bay.

In terms of a weekly oil treatment, I use the Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment, here I simply pump half a pump into a bowl and pop it in the microwave for about 5 seconds, just to heat the oil up a little. I then massage the oil on my scalp, this helps to increase blood flow which will essentially increase hair growth further down the line. 

If I had to choose between the two, I would have to choose the Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment, just because it feels less heavy on your hair than the Moroccan Oil as it is much more thicker in consistency.

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment // £23.95
Moroccan Oil Treatment // £13.45

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x