Tuesday, 7 October 2014

THE LUSH HAUL F/W 2014

I have never really tried anything from Lush, a few years ago, I went past a store and I was so overwhelmed by the scent I refused to enter and so, this has always stuck with me. For my birthday this year, I received a Lush gift set from my friends and I really enjoyed the products, so I decided to go into the store and see what there was. I picked up three products - baby steps!
 The first thing I decided to pick up is Grease Lightning, this is a spot treatment and whilst I have a few spot treatment favourites, I am always looking out for new treatments, but those that do not strip your skin completely. Since Lush is a more natural brand, I thought this would be great to try. 
I was then approached by a sales assistant, and she was absolutely lovely - side note: she had such gorgeous bright red hair that I fell in love with! I explained how I suffer from eczema and my skin has become a lot more dry than usual. She brought my attention to Full of Grace, which is a solid serum. It contains portobello mushrooms (a little unusual) for added protection to prevent damage to your skin and chamomile to help calm the skin. Also you do not need to rinse this off! 
 The next product I brought is Ro's Argan Body Conditioner, this is a product to use in the shower. Simply massage on wet skin and then rinse it off, I was told to pat the massaged area dry to help the product sink into your skin. It contains a handful of oils, such as Argan oil, brazil nut oil and almond oil along with cocoa butter, shea butter and cupuaçu butter, to help moisturise your skin for the drier and colder months ahead.

Having never tried anything from Lush beforehand, I am seriously impressed! The only downfall is probably the cost, it is not the most expensive but it definitely not the cheapest, although it is a more natural brand and everything is handmade, so I guess that is some justification right there(!)

Grease Lightning // £6.40
Full of Grace // £8.25

2 comments:

  1. Great post, the body conditioner sounds lovely. I am loving Lush at the moment x

    Danielle || Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the body conditioner last night and it really is lovely, it left my legs feeling so soft and smooth. I don't know why it took me so long to try anything from Lush x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x