Tuesday, 18 November 2014

WIW #1: A WINTER WEDDING

Lately, I have been posting a lot of reviews and hauls on my blog so I thought I would take a step back and show you what I have been wearing lately and so I introduce to you all my first 'What I Wore' (on my face) post. The past weekend I had a wedding so what better way to start this little new series off!
For my eyes: I primed my eyes with the Urban Decay primer potion (forgot to include!) and I went straight for my Urban Decay Naked palette, this was the first palette I ever brought and I still prefer this to any other palette I have in my collection. I went for a glittery eye on the weekend, so I used a combination of Naked and Buck as a transition shade, Virgin and Sin in the inner corner, Sidecar and Toasted on the lid and Darkhorse in the crease, I also added a tiny amount of Creep in the crease to smoke it out a little. I lined my eyes with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On pencil in Perversion (this is the blackest of black!) and used the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Troopa to line my upper lash line. I then wet my brush and applied Sidecar from the Naked palette on the centre of my eye lids to brighten things up a little. For my lashes I used the TooFaced LashGASM mascara. For my brows, I used my favourite wax from the Benefit BrowZings palette in Dark and then went over with the MAC Pro Longer Waterproof Brow Set in Bold Brunette to help set everything in place.
For my base: I did not use any foundation because I felt like I didn't need it and went straight for concealer, I used the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer in Custard (medium 1) to cover and brighten my under eye area and to cover any blemishes I may have had. I used MAC Extra Dimension blush in Sea Me Hear Me (limited edition) to add some colour back into my skin and to add some warmth I used the KIKO Golden Game Sculpting bronzer (which I forgot to take a photo of but I featured it here). To highlight I used an old (discontinued) favourite, the DIOR shimmer powder in Amber Diamond - love!! To set everything in place I used my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte powder.
For my lips: I used one of the new NARS Audacious lipstick in Anita, since I had so much going on with my eyes I wanted to tone it down a little. I have a post coming soon on this lipstick so be sure to follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up to date.

What seems like a lot of steps, actually took me about 15/20 minutes to do - I was very proud haha!
I am thinking to do this series every month or so, so leave a comment below telling me if I should or not, I think it would be a great way to see what my favourite and loved products are.

2 comments:

  1. Stay matte powder is the best! I get on really well with it, seen some people complain about it but it's lovely to use! x

    Hannah xo | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, and I've heard some people not liking it. Although, to be honest, I don't really see much of a difference between this powder and a higher end one. They all give the same result (on me anyways) :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x