Wednesday, 24 December 2014

FESTIVE NAILS - THE EASY WAY

Christmas is the time of year when you can wear all the glitter you want and not look like a 5 year old, it is also the time of year when I see a ton of different nail art designs out there and whilst they all look incredible, I honestly do not have the time to sit down for half an hour and create festive looking designs. So today, I thought I would show you my fail safe festive nails for the holidays.
I simply used three different nail polishes and alternated them on my fingers, the ones that I chose today was Barry M - White, which is a plain white polish with a cream finish, it is a little sheer so I had to do about three coats for a clean and opaque finish. I then decided to use Kate Spade by Nails Inc in the shade Big Apple Red, which again is a plain true red polish with a cream finish, and with just one coat it was completely opaque. Unfortunately this was a free gift that came with Glamour magazine last year but Nails Inc - Tate is very similar.
In order to make everything a little bit more fancy I opted for one of my favourite glitter polishes by OPI. Personally, I think OPI makes the best glitter polishes (followed closely by Deborah Lippmann) since they have great a formulation. The shade I chose is OPI - Excuse Moi!, which was from the Muppets collection a few years ago but I think you can still get your hands on it. Excuse Moi! is a multicoloured glitter in a red base, which also has smaller silver glitter running through it. I did about two coats to get an opaque finish and I then topped it off with Butter London Hardwear topcoat, which is a great topcoat to use because it has a thinner formula so it dries within seconds and it gives a clean and glossy finish to your manicure.
So like I said before this is my fail safe festive nails and everyone can do it for the holidays.

15 comments:

  1. loving this manicure! so festive and fresh :) very cute
    --jill

    http://thejjreport.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is my fail safe festive manicure, works everytime :) x

      Delete
  2. So gorgeous. I want to get out the red polish now!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr, whenever Christmas rolls around, so does the red nail polish! x

      Delete
  3. i love your nails! especially 'excuse moi' - so pretty :)

    xx angela | the sunday chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse Moi! is one of my all time favourite glitter polishes, I always get compliments whenever I wear it.

      Delete
  4. CUTE!! I love how you also mixed colors up too! <3

    http://petitesmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a gorgeous nail polish shade x
    Hope you had a wonderful holiday and happy new year (:
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And happy new year! :) x

      Delete
  6. Oh I love those Christmas nails!!!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x