Tuesday, 16 December 2014

LOREAL SUPERLINER BLACK LACQUER

Ever since the Loreal Superliner Carbon Gloss liner was discontinued, I gave up trying to find a new liquid eyeliner that would last all day. Everytime I used to pop into Boots or Superdrug, I would come out with swatches of different eyeliners. Normally within the hour, some start to fade, flake off or smudge, and so I have been on the hunt for a new favourite.
I came across the Loreal Superliner Black Lacquer liquid liner, it is from the same range as the Carbon Gloss liner, so I did have high hopes for it plus it is waterproof - perfect for my watery eyes!
Loreal Superliner Black Lacquer has a sponge tip applicator, like Carbon Gloss, to help create a fine line or even thick sultry flicks. I was surprised when I first swatched it on the back of my hand, because it was just so black/pigmented. It also dried within seconds and I found that it did not fade through out the day nor did it flake off, which is a huge plus!
Since I am prone to having watery sensitive eyes 24/7, it did not sting my eyes when I applied it, plus I was even more surprised that this liner did not smudge throughout the day, as I have a tendency to find my liner to smudge at the corner of my eyes. In terms of removal, I just use my BioDerma to remove it at the end of the day and it comes off with ease.
Overall, I am seriously impressed with the Loreal Superliner Black Lacquer waterproof liner but it is still no Carbon Gloss and I do not think anything would compare to that, but I really do like this liner and I would definitely repurchase it in the future.

4 comments:

  1. I bought this when I needed to replace my Soap & Glory eyeliner, have to say, I hated it. It stung my eyes so much when I put it on (which is the same for all Loreal products that I've used) and it was just awful. It looked great and it stayed on but, it just wasn't good for my eyes. After this, I bought the liquid eyeliner by The Balm and it's in a matte shade and I think it's awesome!

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that..I usually have sensitive eyes and most eyeliners sting my eyes too but I didn't find this one to do that. I remember I tried a black Eyeko liquid eyeliner and that stung my eyes and I think it gave me an eye infection too(!). The Balm eyeliner sounds great, I think I'll try that next. x

      Delete
  2. I've never tried a liner with a sponge tip applicator, I have no idea why! It seems really easy to use. I may have to stray away from my trusty Master Precise to try Carbon Gloss or L'Oreal Superliner! Thanks for the review :) x

    Angela // The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really easy to use, I recommend buying this liner since Carbon Gloss is discontinued. I've never tried the Master Precise liner, but I've heard good things about it. I might try that next time. :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x