Monday, 22 December 2014

URBAN DECAY MOONFLOWER PALETTE

I mentioned in my Perfect Palette Tag post a few months ago (which you can click here to read) that I would use my Urban Decay Moonflower palette for travelling, and so I decided it would be interesting as to which single eyeshadows I have from Urban Decay. This palette is truly perfect because I only had three single eyeshadows (all in the newer packaging) so the palette was perfect to store my single eyeshadows as they were getting neglected. You know what they say - out of sight, out of mind!
The palette comes with four slots which you can interchange all the newly designed UD eyeshadows by simply popping them out, a downside if you have the older packaging since in order to use the palette you would have to completely depot the eyeshadow.
The palette itself comes with an eyeshadow in the shade 'Moonflower(it is in the top left hand corner), one that not many people are fond of but I really like it! It is a coppery peach that has a sheen finish to it. It is great for simply washing it all over the lid for a day time look or you can pack it on for a more intense look. It is incredibly pigmented, like all other UD eyeshadows, however, this shade is exclusive to this palette. I only have three single eyeshadows from Urban Decay, the first is the shade Baked, which is a gold-y bronze shade, it does not look like much in the pan but when applied to your eyes it is really something. The second shade is Diamond Dog, this is from Urban Decay's Moondust range. it is a deep brown with champagne sparkle running through it. It is a little sheer if you are to use it dry but I prefer using it with a damp flat shader brush, as it has a much intense colour payoff. The last shade is probably my favourite from the lot because of the colour and it is Midnight Cowboy Rides Again. It is a champagne shade with a pink undertone and some micro silver sparkle running through it and this is normally the shade I go to when I want to add a little something extra to my eyeshadow, it looks great in the inner corner and on the centre of the lid.

The Moonflower palette came out sometime last year and I really like the concept behind it, it honestly makes storing my single UD eyeshadows much easier.

6 comments:

  1. Urban Decay eyeshadows are my absolute favourite, they're palettes are incredible too. So need to pick up Midnight Cowboy rides again, so pretty. Great post hun :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you - I love your blog btw! :)
      Midnight Cowboy Rides Again is such a lovely shade, it's probably my favourite of all time, you need it! x

      Delete
  2. Oooh these colours are so, so pretty! Love them! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Midnight cowboy rides again is a lot more pretty in person! :) x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The moonflower palette is great, I use these eyeshadows a lot more now since I depotted them. :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x