Tuesday, 27 January 2015

CHARLOTTE TILBURY FILMSTAR BRONZE & GLOW

Whenever I go into Selfridges, I always find myself eyeing up Charlotte Tilbury (not literally her, but her make up range!) and so when Selfridges had 10% off CT earlier this month, I took it as a sign to pick up a few things that I wanted. The first product I chose was the CT Filmstar Bronze & Glow, which essentially is a sculpting and highlighting duo. I know many people are going to think, 'O-M-G that's a lot of money for just a duo.' and to be honest, they are right BUT you have to believe me when I say, 'you need it in your life!!'
I mean, just can we just talk about the packaging, even the box is adorable!
And finally, the compact....#nowords
 The Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow comes in a gorgeous rose gold compact with a large mirror which is great for on the go use, plus it has a little star in the corner - it's all about the details! The Filmstar Bronze & Glow comes complete with a bronze which has some shimmer running through it, which is ideal for contouring and a highlight shade. When I first saw the 'sculpt' shade, I was a little surprised, I thought that it would be a lot more cooler/grey in tone but then I applied it on my cheeks and I instantly had cheekbones. ! I'm not one for contouring on a regular basis since it can look a little fake but when I do, I typically go for a matte bronzer since it's easier to create a shadow on the cheeks but even then I can never seem to get it right, I don't know how CT does it, but it's practically fool proof!
As for the highlight shade, which is a pale gold champagne shade, I though it might look a little too frosty, especially because when I first swatched it, it was so pigmented! However when applied on the face, it just creates the most beautiful glow. It really catches the light and does not emphasise any pores, which is great!
Unfortunately, my camera couldn't pick up the sculpt shade properly but you can still see it nonetheless. Even though the highlight looks very intense and frosty when swatched, I promise you that when applied with a brush it looks like you are glowing from within - haha!


P.S. I've redesigned my blog a little, it is not a huge difference but I think it looks a lot better (much cleaner and minimal), let me know what you think!

22 comments:

  1. I hear amazing things about this and it looks gorgeous! I love Charlotte Tilbury.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even more gorgeous in person! I didn't think it would make contouring any easier, but it really has. x

      Delete
  2. Hiya, Mandy! I nominated you for the Libester Award! Check for more details here: http://makeupsweetheart.com/2015/01/28/liebster-award/

    Kat | makeupsweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat but I've already done it! :) x

      Delete
  3. This highlighter looks beautiful. The packaging is elegant and luxurious! Heard so many good stuff about this product. Def gonna buy it soon <3
    Thanks for sharing, love

    xo
    colorsinmybubble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely stunning and you definitely need to buy it soon ;) x

      Delete
  4. That is STUNNING. Is the contour slightly shimmery?

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is stunning! & the contour is slightly shimmery but it's barely noticeable when applied on the cheeks. :) x

      Delete
  5. WOW that packaging is AMAZING! Is the sculpting shade shimmery? It looks a bit shimmery in the swatch

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sculpting shade is slightly shimmery but it's barely noticeable when applied on the cheeks and the packaging is really something, isn't it!?! x

      Delete
  6. I need this sooooo bad! It looks absolutely gorgeous!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes contouring and highlighting so much more easier. x

      Delete
  7. I have been lusting after this product for the longest time. Such gorgeous packaging - and product - but so expensive (ouch) Maybe this is a pay day treat ;)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really expensive, but the fact that Selfridges had 10% off, I took advantage of it ;) x

      Delete
  8. This is so lovely! I've heard many great things about the product. I love that the shades are more natural than most bronzers. And that highlight looks so amazing!

    xoxo
    www.becksbabyy.blogspot,.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bronzer is a lot more natural than most, it definitely won't look muddy/orange on anyone and the highlight is gorgeous. x

      Delete
  9. this looks so so gorgeous! x
    http://heyitshannaah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even more gorgeous in person! x

      Delete
  10. Honestly it is SO SO SO gorgeous, but at the moment being a poor student I don't think I can justify it. WAAAA. one day :) :)

    Kayleigh xoxo
    www.veryberrycosmo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is expensive, but I had some christmas money to spend and that's the only way I justified to buy it (and the fact that Selfridges had 10% off!). Hopefully someone will buy it for you on your birthday or something :) x

      Delete
  11. I'm dying to try this, I just can't justify the money at the moment! :-( xx

    <a href="http://www.pillarbox-post.blogspot.com>Pillarbox Post</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd suggest waiting for Selfridges to have 10% off again..that's how I justified it ;) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x