Saturday, 3 January 2015

A/W PERFUME PICKS - 2014/2015

Happy New Year! It is officially Winter here in London, and because it has gotten so cold, I have noticed that I am reaching for 'wintery' perfumes lately. Now I love perfume, it is one of my favourite beauty products and so I thought I would show you all my current top five favourite 'winter' perfumes for this current season.
One of my favourites is the Stella McCartney Stella perfume. Now I am not one for rose scented things, I am not a fan however I was surprised that I actually really like this perfume. It has a mix of rose, mandarin and musky amber and I always get compliments whenever I wear this. It lasts for the longest time and unlike most perfumes, I can still smell this at the end of the day. If you are looking for a new perfume that is a cult favourite, then this is the one.
Winter for me means dark and mysterious and so whenever I go out at night, the Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle has been one I have been reaching for. I did not think I would actually like this scent but I brought this for my mum last year when I was in Paris, and whilst at the time I was not a huge fan, it has definitely grown on me. It just smells so sultry but it is not so musky that it will give you a headache. An alternative is the Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Enchanted perfume, I am a huge fan of Taylor Swift and so when she released a perfume line I was a little excited. Again, this is a little woody and has hints of vanilla once it has been on the skin for a while and so it is perfect for the evening. If you are not a fan of either perfumes then a classic perfume is the Jimmy Choo perfume, which is also a cult favourite. It is not too floral nor too fruity but just has that perfect mix, it is a little woody but it is perfect for the evening too. A new discovery and a new release this year is the Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream perfume, it is a fresh take on the original Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume and whilst it is a little floral and fruity it has been one I have been reaching for to wear during the day. 
I have been eyeing up a few Jo Malone perfumes lately but since there are so many scents I have no idea which one to choose from, but I do have quite a lot of perfumes so my resolution this year is to half my collection by the end of the year, pretty doable if you ask me. What have you been reaching for this season?

14 comments:

  1. I love Daisy Dream! Smells so light and fruity :)

    Happy new year,

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I get so many compliments whenever I wear it. Happy New Year to you too :) x

      Delete
  2. I've been loving the Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black lately! I like Daisy Dream but haven't bought it yet. xx

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been lusting over the E&J Nirvana perfumes but we can't get it here in the UK and Sephora does not ship fragrances due to shipping restrictions! As for Daisy Dream, you need to get your hands on it soon :) x

      Delete
  3. I love all of these perfumes *_*
    kisses

    Francesca http://www.everydaycoffee.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love Taylor Swifts perfume, how much I hate to admit it!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know what you mean. Even though I was excited about the launch, I thought it would smell like a sugary cupcake but thankfully it's nothing of the sort. x

      Delete
  5. your perfume collection is kinda awesome, so jealous!

    Wishing you the best in 2015 x

    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh thank you! I'm weird when it comes to perfumes and I only like certain scents. Wishing you all the best for the new year too :) x

      Delete
  6. I really want Daisy from Marc Jacobs! I secretly want every Marc Jacobs perfume, but Daisy smells so so good!

    x Melane || Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I secretly want every MJ perfume too - they're so good! Daisy is incredible too, I'm on my second bottle of that. x

      Delete
  7. these all look so pretty! i've been using a burberry body one which is amazing :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Burberry Body is amazing! I have yet to repurchase it since I have so many perfumes now, but it is amazing. :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x