Sunday, 18 January 2015

HOURGLASS FEMME NUDE LIP STYLOS

Throughout the festive season, I realised a few things. The first, no matter what, I always prefer a nude lip over any other shade and the second, I never reapply my lipstick when I am out - am I the only one? I also realised that I have never done a blog post on my favourite Hourglass nude lipsticks. 
The Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylos come in a retractable tube with a removable cap, it definitely looks and feels very sleek and fancy whenever I use it, it is also quite weighty so Hourglass has definitely not skimped out on packaging. It is also perfect to use on the go since they do not need to be sharpened. They also actually last quite a long time on my lips, which is very surprising and they also do not make me feel uncomfortable that I feel like I have to remove my lipstick.
The Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylos are my favourite go-to lip products whenever I want to wear a nude lip. They have six shades from the bunch and all are very wearable and do not look like you've just smeared concealer all over your lips. They are all pink in tone and to be honest, that is what makes them all wearable and much more natural on your lips. I have the shade Nude #5 and Nude #6, both of which look similar in the bullet however when swatched and applied to your lips, they are really quite different.
As you can see from the swatch above, Nude #5 has some shimmer running through it and is a nude peachy pink, whereas Nude #6 is a mauvey pink and it no shimmer running though it. These lipsticks contain Vitamin E, which help to nourish and moisturise your lips, however I have to say that whenever I apply these lipsticks, they do not really nourish my lips but I have noticed that they do not dry my lips out, which most lipsticks tend to do. However some people have said that these dry out their lips, maybe that's something to consider? 
With six different shades to choose from to create a dramatic nude or a defined nude, there is something suit everyone's mood and I cannot recommend them enough.

12 comments:

  1. oh my gosh these are both absolutely gorgeous! x
    http://heyitshannaah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look even more gorgeous in person! x

      Delete
  2. ive really been into nude lips lately too, and these nude lipsticks from hourglass look amazing!! May need to check them out!! xxxx

    http://www.allyouneedisredlipstick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are seriously amazing, you need to check them out! x

      Delete
  3. They are seriously beautiful... Also, I suck at reapplying too, you are not alone there xx
    mariannoell217.blogspot.co.uk
    x Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad to know I'm not the only one. I always forget or I just don't bother. x

      Delete
  4. Both of these are beautiful!

    JOKSIE // WEAREMONOCHROME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look even better in person! x

      Delete
  5. Ooooh those colours are so pretty! Definitely my kind of thing xo

    http://bethinvogue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reaching for these kind of shades lately, I think they look better on me anyways, I don't think I can rock a darker lip - haha! x

      Delete
  6. I've been looking for the perfect nude lipstick and I might have to try this one out! Thanks for the rec!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, these are amazing! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x