Wednesday, 21 January 2015

LIP PRODUCTS FOR THE COLDER MONTHS..

With the weather getting a lot colder here in the UK, I have been reaching for lip balms a lot more, and so today I thought it would be interesting to show you all, my favourite lip products for the colder months. Ranging from all different price points, the cheapest and much more affordable from the bunch is an old classic and my all time favourite lip balm, Carmex. Like it says on the tin, it soothes, moisturises and relieves your lips, I cannot recommend it enough. I have used this for years and it has never failed me. Next up are the Maybelline Baby Lips. I actually have a love hate relationship with these, even though they provide some colour and moisturise to your lips, I feel like they kind of smell like play dough - or is that just me? Nevertheless, these are still great lip balms if you want some colour to your lips, I really like the 'cherry' shade.

Following closely are the Burt's Bees replenishing lip balms, I have the scent pomegranate and acai berry, both of which smell nice and actually do nourish your lips. I used to use these all the time before the Maybelline Baby Lips came out. A cult favourite is the Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm. I first brought this when I went to Paris, way back in 2013 and I always pull it out during the colder months. It repairs and nourishes your lips, whilst it also relieves and comforts your dry and chapped lips. I also find that it removes any flakiness  when you first apply it on your lips, which then restores the suppleness of your lips. The Nuxe Reve De Miel also has a matte finish which is great if you prefer that in your lip balm, plus it has a really nice citrus scent to it.

Lastly, the most expensive and probably the most unnecessary lip balm from the bunch is the Dior Addict lip glow. I purchased this towards the end of last year and whenever I take this out of my bag, I feel ever so fancy. Although this is expensive for what it is, I really like it. It Dior Addict lip glow adapts to your lips, which then creates an unique colour and on me it turns into a bright just-bitten pink, which I can actually pull off!

Carmex // £2.69

10 comments:

  1. Ohh you can't beat a bit of Dior!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby lips, one of my favs!

    http://arnellavanilla.com/category/home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great but they do smell funny - haha! x

      Delete
  3. My favorite is definitely carmex ! :)

    http://shannenandco.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used Carmex for years now, and it's great. x

      Delete
  4. Naturally I swear by Nuxe Reve de Miel, I can't live without it these days! But, I'm also a big fan of Burt's Bees, I've used their cuticle care products, so I'd love to give their balm a go!

    Jessica Anna

    A So Called Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried anything else from Burt's Bees, I think I might need to have a look now. :) x

      Delete
  5. Massive Burts Bees fan, works so much better for me than Carmex - which I actually find quite drying now.
    Great post!

    Sharan | essehearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Burt's Bees are underrated, they're actually really good! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x