The amount of times I have to go out after a long day at University is a little bit ridiculous. I normally have 10 minutes to get ready and I have to say, that I think I have it down to a T, so I thought I would show you all what I do to 'spice things up a little' when I only have 10 minutes before I have to leave the house.
1. Smoke it out. I do not wear eyeshadow on a daily basis, so I tend to reach for a darker shadow and apply it in the crease, I also add a lighter shade in the inner corner to help brighten things up a little, my go to and fail-safe palette is the NARS And God Created The Woman palette. Add some black liquid eyeliner, curl your lashes (or even add some lashes if you have time and you're a pro at applying them!) and ta da! Instant glam! My current favourite black pencil liner is the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On pencil in Perversion, it is great to use on your tightline since it is so creamy but it also lasts all night long.
2. Glow like a disco ball. Well not literally but adding some highlighter to the high points on your face really does make a difference. I have two that I tend to reach for, the first being a cult favourite which is the MAC Soft & Gentle MSF or the YSL Touche Élcat Radiant Touch highlighting pen, it makes you look like you've spent all day applying your make up but no one will know that you applied it in your car - haha!
3. Cover the odd blemish. I really don't like reapplying foundation so I grab a full coverage concealer, the one I have been loving recently is the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer in custard (medium 1) and ginger (medium 2). I use the lighter shade to cover my dark circles and the deeper shade to cover any blemishes. It is not cakey and it is very easy to blend.
4. Add a dark lip. Pretty self explanatory. Adding a darker lip looks a lot more sultry and can really pull a look together. I have been loving the NARS Velvet Matte lip pencil in Cruella, it is a deep true red and whilst it is matte, it is not drying at all. Sometimes I feel that a dark lip can be a bit too much so I reach for a pink instead, my favourite is MAC Pink Pearl Pop!
5. Smell like a diva. Whilst some people focus on their make up, I think smelling nice is pretty important too, especially if you do not have time to have a quick shower - haha! After a long day on the train, I want to smell nice so I go for a perfume that has a long lasting scent, I mentioned a few of my favourites here, but one of my favourites is the STELLA by Stella McCartney perfume.
These are my five simple, quick and easy make up tips I use whenever I am in a rush to go somewhere after a long and tiring day. I also pop on my leather jacket and add a pair of heels to my outfit to make it look like I've tried when really all I want is to wrap myself in a blanket and watch some Netflix's, please tell me I am not the only one - haha!