Monday, 12 January 2015

TAKING IT FROM DAY TO NIGHT..

The amount of times I have to go out after a long day at University is a little bit ridiculous. I normally have 10 minutes to get ready and I have to say, that I think I have it down to a T, so I thought I would show you all what I do to 'spice things up a little' when I only have 10 minutes before I have to leave the house.
1. Smoke it out. I do not wear eyeshadow on a daily basis, so I tend to reach for a darker shadow and apply it in the crease, I also add a lighter shade in the inner corner to help brighten things up a little, my go to and fail-safe palette is the NARS And God Created The Woman palette. Add some black liquid eyeliner, curl your lashes (or even add some lashes if you have time and you're a pro at applying them!) and ta da! Instant glam! My current favourite black pencil liner is the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On pencil in Perversion, it is great to use on your tightline since it is so creamy but it also lasts all night long.
2. Glow like a disco ball. Well not literally but adding some highlighter to the high points on your face really does make a difference. I have two that I tend to reach for, the first being a cult favourite which is the MAC Soft & Gentle MSF or the YSL Touche √Člcat Radiant Touch highlighting pen, it makes you look like you've spent all day applying your make up but no one will know that you applied it in your car - haha!
3. Cover the odd blemish. I really don't like reapplying foundation so I grab a full coverage concealer, the one I have been loving recently is the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer in custard (medium 1) and ginger (medium 2). I use the lighter shade to cover my dark circles and the deeper shade to cover any blemishes. It is not cakey and it is very easy to blend.
4. Add a dark lip. Pretty self explanatory. Adding a darker lip looks a lot more sultry and can really pull a look together. I have been loving the NARS Velvet Matte lip pencil in Cruella, it is a deep true red and whilst it is matte, it is not drying at all. Sometimes I feel that a dark lip can be a bit too much so I reach for a pink instead, my favourite is MAC Pink Pearl Pop! 
5. Smell like a diva. Whilst some people focus on their make up, I think smelling nice is pretty important too, especially if you do not have time to have a quick shower - haha! After a long day on the train, I want to smell nice so I go for a perfume that has a long lasting scent, I mentioned a few of my favourites here, but one of my favourites is the STELLA by Stella McCartney perfume.

These are my five simple, quick and easy make up tips I use whenever I am in a rush to go somewhere after a long and tiring day. I also pop on my leather jacket and add a pair of heels to my outfit to make it look like I've tried when really all I want is to wrap myself in a blanket and watch some Netflix's, please tell me I am not the only one - haha!

16 comments:

  1. Love this post - especially love the look of the NARS lip pencil in Cruella. Your photos are gorgeous too!

    Beth // Bethany Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you and Cruella is a lovely shade. I thought it wouldn't suit me at first but it's the kind of red that will suit any skintone. x

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous post and you've shared such helpful tips! I love all of the products you've mentioned, but I've never seen or swatched the MAC lipstick. I'll definitely be checking that amazing shade out when I'm next at a counter!

    alicegracebeauty.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & Pink Pearl Pop! is one of my all time favourite MAC lipsticks, you need to check it out! x

      Delete
  3. Honestly 10 minutes to get ready is my nightmare scenario. I've tried transitioning makeup from day to night and I always end up feeling groggy and I want to start from scratch. Your photos are lovely! I adore MAC MSF in Soft & Gentle. I've never tried Stella McCartney perfumes but I've heard such good things about them. Marc Jacobs are the perfumes I always gravitate towards.
    Julz Obsessions xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo thank you! & I used to want to start from scratch too but honestly, these tips are what have helped a lot! The Stella perfume is 'rose' scented and I'm not a fan of rose scented things but I actually like the perfume and it lasts for ages on the skin. Marc Jacobs perfumes are my one of my favourites too, although they do not last as long as the Stella perfume does. x

      Delete
  4. Great photos and I love seeing quick makeup looks, I usually don't have a lot of time to spare! Stella is possibly my favourite too :)

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | UK Beauty, Lifestyle & Health blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! And I was surprised that I like Stella as much as I do since I'm not too fond of rose scents, but it's a lovely perfume. :) x

      Delete
  5. I love your blog and photos! Great post

    lisaxbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mac Soft and Gentle was the first highlighter I ever purchased and I think I wore it consistently for about 3 years :) So need to try the Nars concealer too, right at the top of my wish list!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was my first highlighter too! & you NEED to try the Nars concealer soon, it's brilliant! x

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you and you're welcome :) x

      Delete
  8. Great post! Your photos are lovely too =)

    xx

    http://thebeautyprep.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x