Saturday, 24 January 2015

WIMB - EVERYDAY MAKEUP EDITION

I recently asked, on Twitter, if people still liked to read 'What's in my makeup bag' posts, and I got a few people saying that they do, and so I thought it would be interesting to show you all what I tend to wear on a daily basis.
I do not have a vanity table, so I do not exactly sit down and do my make up on a regular basis. I use a drawer in my chest of drawers which holds all my make up and perfumes and I actually prefer it like that. It's out of the way and it makes the top of the drawers a lot more cleaner, although I do store my make up brushes on top. So I store my 'everyday' make up in a bag which is easier to go through in the morning instead of having to rummage around in the drawer. I use a Ted Baker bag, which is one of my favourites since it is easy to wipe down if it was to ever get dirty, plus it has tiny little French bulldogs on it which makes it even better! - fyi I'm a dog lover, haha!
One of the new additions to my make up bag is the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Sandstone, it is a gorgeous highlight and I have also used this as an eyeshadow too. Another highlight product is the Kevyn Aucoin the creamy duo in #4, this is a cream product and although it might not look like anything in the pan, it looks stunning on the high points of your face, plus as it is a duo, I use the sculpting product to contour with, it is very easy to blend out and provides enough definition to the cheekbones. 
 For blush, I have been obsessed with the NARS blush in Douceur, ever since I heard it was being discontinued, I took it out of my collection and I have been wearing it for the past couple of weeks, it is a great everyday shade. Another blush is the MAC mineralize blush in Talk of the Town, and when swatched it is an intense and glittery however, when applied with a brush, the glitter is no where to be seen and it creates a nice glow to your cheeks. For my brows, I have been using MAC eyeshadow in Brun, which is a great shade for my brows, since they are fairly dark, also the duo contains MAC Soba eyeshadow which I do occasionally use on my lids when I want a little something.
The Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Translucent is my favourite setting powder, I have had this for over a year and even though I use it on an everyday basis, I have finally hit pan on it. The KIKO Golden Game sculpting duo has been my favourite ever since I picked it up last year, the bronze shade has been my go to for bronzer, it is not orange nor is it muddy, it's perfect!
The NARS Radiant Creamy concealers have been my favourite ever since I picked it up too, I have two shades, 'Custard' which I use under my eyes to help brighten the area up a little and 'Ginger' which I use on any blemishes I may have. It is full coverage but not cakey at all. I also use the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer however, I finished it last week and I need to pick up another soon. For brows, even though I use MAC Brun, some days I do not have time to fuss around with powder so I use the Soap & Glory Archery brow pencil in 'Hot Chocolate', it has a spoolie on one end and a very fine nib on the other side, it is a great waxy pencil. I also use the Miss Sporty clear mascara to set everything in place but again, I'm out of that and I need to pick up another.
 For mascara, I have been using Tarte Lights, Camera Lashes mascara, I can't say much about it so far, but it is a great lengthening mascara. I also have my trusty MAC Blacktrack Fluidline gel eyeliner, this has been my favourite for years, it stays in place and does not fade. I have also been using the Kat Von D tattoo liner in 'Troopa', which is a great no fuss liquid liner, I always reach for this when I'm in a rush. I have two pencil eyeliners, the first is a mini Marc Jacobs Beauty highliner in 'Blacquer', which is just a black eyeliner but it lasts all day. Sometimes black can be a little too intense and so I have been using the Stila smudge stick waterproof eyeliner in the shade 'Oscar Fish' which is a sparkly brown shade, however when applied on the lash line, you cannot really see the sparkle.
Finally for lips, I have a handful that I tend to reach for. The first are the Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylos, I have #5 and #6, both of which are great everyday nude shades. However if I want something a little darker, I reach for MAC lipstick in Twig, it is a darker '90s' shade, another alternative is the NARS lip pencil in Descanso, it is the one shade that will look great with any eye look. If I want some colour on my lips I have been using the new Maybelline Color Drama lip pencils, these are very comparable to the NARS lip pencils, I have the shade 'Fuchsia Desire' which is a bright pink and the shade 'In With Coral' which is a bright coral shade, both of these look amazing on.

In terms of make up brushes, I have a little pot of my everyday brushes that I reach for and as for tools, I do keep my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers in my bag too, I have had these for almost 3 years now and they still work like they are brand new.

20 comments:

  1. I have been toying over purchasing an Hourglass nude lipstick for the longest time, definitely think I need to just bite the bullet and go for it now! (Sorry Purse!) ;)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! These are the only two lipsticks I have from Hourglass and I really like them..I've been wanting to try the opaque rouge liquid lipsticks for some time though, they look good. x

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love your choices of makeup, the Nars blush is a gorgeous shade and the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick is beautiful X

    www.allaboutthatmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! The NARS blush is apparently it's discontinued now which is sad because it is a gorgeous shade. x

      Delete
  3. Wooooow! I love your blog. I hope you will like mine

    http://instagram.com/ladyfur?ref=badge

    http://www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have SO much amazing make up I'm literally so jealous!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great are the maybelline color pencils ! I have been wanting to try the nars creamy concealer for ever as we don't have a nars store in my country but have heard so many great things about it!

    Analesha xx
    Lipsandbubbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Maybelline pencils are great! I didn't have high hopes for them, but they are very comparable to the NARS lip pencils. As for the concealer, I highly recommend it. x

      Delete
  6. Can't beat a Nars blush, and great post!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your makeup that you have included in this post!
    Im so jealous of your kelly O Mac palette!
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

    Francesca xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and haha, there's no need to be jealous of the Kelly O palette (although the colour is lovely!), it contains permanent shades so you can easily create it yourself. :) x

      Delete
  8. That NARS blush looks absolutely gorgeous!! Must pick that shade up asap!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is discontinued now so you will be lucky if you can find it - if you do then definitely pick it up asap! x

      Delete
  9. Those are some serious pieces of makeup! Beautiful :)

    Lauren | Stylingo | Twitter xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh why thank you Lauren :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x