Sunday, 1 February 2015

THE ROUND UP | JANUARY 2015

How is it the February already!?! I feel like January has really flown by, I was so caught up with exams and assignments that I barely had any time to breathe - okay, that's a lie, I did have time to breathe but you get what I mean. 
Due to the amount of assignments and exams I had, I had a lot of all nighters and because of that, I broke out like crazy (well crazy for me) on my chin and cheeks (which never really happens) and the one product that really helped to calm everything down was the Murad Clarifying Cleanser. I use this in conjunction with my Clarisonic and it really gets to work. It has a medicinal smell, which I'm not very fussed about but it also has a cooling effect when you wash it off. My skin felt so much more smoother and I noticed that my breakouts calmed down a lot, it also helped to get rid of those 'under the skin bumps'. 
I have also realised, whenever January rolls around it takes a huge toll on my hair. At the beginning of the month, it was a lot drier and it would break easily. The one thing that has never failed, is the Phyto 7 Hydrating Day Cream, I apply a pea size to the ends of my hair when it is wet and it made my hair a lot more softer and it looked a lot more healthier. It's great! Also, my scalp was very itchy this month (probably a combination of stress and the cold weather, TMI? - sorry!) and so, twice a week I applied a generous amount of coconut oil as a mask, and it has helped so much. 
The Lacoste Touch of Pink perfume was my go to this month, it is a very fresh yet sweet scent yet it does not make you smell like a cupcake. I used this so much this month that it is half empty! The Real Techniques Duo Fibre brush is new for me, I recently brought the RT Nic's Picks set earlier this month and whilst I do like the brushes, this was the one brush that I kept reaching for. Since it is a duo fibre brush, it picks up less product and so it was perfect to use with my Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks, which are another favourite this month, I have written separate blog posts on these two, the shades I have are Sandstone and Copper Diamond.
In terms on what was on my nails this month, I had two shades that I kept going to. The first is Essie - Shearling Darling which is a very dark red and it is definitely my preferred shade of red, as I do not really like wearing brighter reds. The second is Michael Kors - Hint, which essentially just a darker warm nude shade, and because it is a nude shade you could barely notice when it chipped - which happened a lot this month!

This month was definitely a mismatch of favourites, I do not have any favourite lip products this month since I wore lip balms every day but I did mention my favourites in another post

18 comments:

  1. Essie polishes are my absolute favourite, currently in the process of trying to convince myself that I don't need to add your recommendation to my collection. This whole spending ban is not working so well for me ;)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know how you feel. I'm on a spending ban for nail polishes this year, I have way too many and I definitely don't need to buy/add anymore to my collection, although Shearling Darling is a gorgeous shade ;) x

      Delete
  2. what a lovely blog post !!

    love your blog

    new post http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/ would love to know your thoughs

    have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Lacoste Touch of pink perfume too and just love it!!! x

    gillmclaughlin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Lacoste Touch of Pink is underrated, it's a really nice perfume. x

      Delete
  4. I can't believe how quickly February has come round too! I loved this post, the duo fibre brush and the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks are now on my wish list :) xx
    Vanity Fairest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has come around quickly, hasn't it?! I thought I was the only one who though that - haha. The duo fibre brush & the BB shimmer bricks are lovely, I highly recommend the shimmer bricks :) x

      Delete
  5. OMG those Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks are to die for so so gorgeous!

    Beti
    http://makeup-sessions.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Essie polish is lovely xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk - Don't forget to check out my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I need to pick up another bottle soon! x

      Delete
  7. Hello lovely,

    Love your blog!
    I've nominated you at http://www.aartificial.com/2015/02/liebster-award-get-to-know-me.html

    (Sorry if you've already been nomiated)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Aarti but I've already done the tag - sorry! But thanks for nominating me! :) x

      Delete
  8. I've never tried Essie polish but that colour is gorgeous! Love the shimmer bricks too, almost too pretty to use...almost!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, you have to try an Essie nail polish, I highly recommend Shearling Darling ;) x

      Delete
  9. That real technique brush looks awesome, definitely need to get that one as I am a huge fan of the brand. May I say that I love the lay out of your blog! How did you manage to add the drop boxes to tabs on your main page? I find that with Blog spot designing my blog is so tricky, I haven't mastered how everything works on here yet.

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I found it hard to master my drop down menus too, but check out XOMISSE's website, she has amazing tips :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x