Monday, 16 February 2015

BENEFIT ROLLER LASH MASCARA

It's that time of year again when Benefit release something spectacular, last year it was They're Real push up liner and remover and this year, it is the new Roller Lash mascara. I've been a fan of Benefit ever since I got into make up (about 5 years now?) and they have never really disappointed me. I love their mascaras, especially They're Real, even though it can be a pain to remove, but when I heard about Roller Lash, I had a feeling I would really like it.
As you can see above, the wand is a little different compared to They're Real. I mean, yes it is a plastic wand, but it does not have the 'ball' on the end which makes it a little easier to grab smaller lashes. Instead the wand on this mascara is curved and I found the plastic bristles really grab onto your lashes, kind of like how rollers grab onto your hair - very clever Benefit! Now Benefit say that the 'Hook 'n' Roll brush patent pending hook design and position catches, lifts and curls' your lashes, I have to say that it really does all three!
Now I have to warn you all, here are some very up close and personal close ups on my eyeball..sorry!
Now I have to be honest, I personally found the formula of this mascara to be very 'wet'. Even though I do like it, I prefer my mascaras to be a little bit more on the dry side. I found if I was to do more than one coat, my lashes would look clumpy and spidery which you can see in the photo above when I did two coats. I do put this down to the formula being too 'wet', although I have been trying out this mascara for the past week or so and I do like it since it has dried out a little bit more and it definitely lengthens and lifts my sparse looking lashes.
At £19.50, it is not cheap considering it is a mascara but it is good (once it dries out a little of course)

Benefit Roller Lash mascara is free with this month's issue of ELLE magazine so if you do want to try it, I suggest you quickly go and get your copy of ELLE.

18 comments:

  1. I got this mascara with my magazine too and I have to say, I absolutely love it. I did find it quite a wet formula but luckily it dried quickly for me. Such a great mascara, but why so bloody expensive Benefit?! ;)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much better when it dries out, otherwise my lashes looked spidery (not a good look!) but £19.50 just for a mascara is a little bit ridiculous, considering after 3 months we're supposed to get rid of them. x

      Delete
  2. Wow I love the look of this mascara, I definitely want to try it!

    www.kelsabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good mascara, especially for lengthening but it is even better when it dries out a little. :) x

      Delete
  3. I definitely need to pick up this issue of Elle. The mascara looks incredible.
    Great review!

    charliehearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can still get your hands on it and thank you! :) x

      Delete
  4. Just found your blog and I absolutely love your photos. Followed you on bloglovin, follow back if you like?

    xo Caitlin
    Beauty & Colour

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need this mascara in my like, it's AMAZING!
    xx

    http://alemint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great at making your lashes look longer! :) x

      Delete
  6. Looks pretty impressive, but I have to agree with you that I'm not a fan of "wet" mascaras. Oh how I wish that here in the US magazines would come with deluxe beauty samples such as this one!

    Paula
    My beauty and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wet mascaras are terrible, they make my lashes look clumpy and spidery - not a good look! x

      Delete
  7. This looks amazing ! Great post!

    hollykatebeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been obsessing over this mascara since it came out! Although I hate wet mascaras, I might make an exception for this one, it looks really cool and like nothing I've tried.
    Check out katmicru for beauty and fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of wet mascaras either, but I'm glad it's dried out now a little, it's so much better :) x

      Delete
  9. I've just bought the mascara and I can say it's really good and 100% agree with your review on it..it's wet but the lift on the lashes is just amazing, can't get over it :D

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariel, I'm glad you agree, it really does lift the lashes! It is definitely a wet mascara but I do prefer my mascaras to be a little bit on the dry side so it's less clumpy. :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x