Sunday, 22 February 2015

DIPTYQUE ROSAFOLIA CANDLE

If you follow me on Instagram then you would have seen that I brought a little something from SpaceNK. Needless to say, I had £5 on my loyalty card which was going to expire soon and so I thought I should actually use it. I left the store with two things that day, the first being my first ever Diptyque candle and the second was a banging headache after smelling all the different candles, who knew there were so many different floral scents?!? I settled with Rosafolia which is limited edition and only available for a short amount of time. 
Rosafolia is described as being 'a scented candle whose verdure, enhanced by a touch of galbanum, is gracefully diffused at the heart of Turkish rose absolute, the softness of petals sharpened by the understated vitality from a hint of geranium.'
Now, if you have been a long reader of mine, then you would know that I am not fond of anything rose (and lavender) scented. I avoided smelling the Stella perfume because I knew it had a rose scent to it, but when I finally did I really liked it! This never happens, I do not know why I'm not fond of rose scents but I'm just not, but the Diptyque Rosafolia candle is something else. It does have a rose scent, I'll give it that but I would describe it as being 'green' in the sense that it smells like plants...yes,  I really do mean plants! 
With it's unique limited edition rose and ivy design, Rosefolia is truly something special. I still have it in it's box (which is gorgeous too!) and I can smell it. I have yet to burn this candle and I have to say that I am putting it off, the candle is so potent that there is no point in burning it.

28 comments:

  1. Ooh what a beautiful candle! That is such a gorgeous jar.. perfect for storing brushes! xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to reuse it but I have yet to even burn it since it's such a strong smelling candle x

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I smelt this is Space NK the other day and it has an insanely beautiful fragrance! Such a beautiful design, too. I didn't pick it up at the time, but now you've reminded me of it, I'm definitely going to go back next week and get it!

    Alice from Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to get it, it's such a nice smelling candle :) x

      Delete
  3. Oh my this looks beautiful and sounds divine!

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You definitely need to check it out too :) x

      Delete
  4. I was smelling this candle yesterday in Space NK, seriously kicking myself that I didn't buy it, may try and get it online now!
    xx Maddy | Magdalene Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Have you managed to get your hands on it yet?? x

      Delete
  5. Apparently if you freeze candles the night before you light them they last longer! This candle sounds lovely.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard that before, I might try it - thanks for the tip ;) x

      Delete
  6. Ahh this candle looks gorgeous! I used to hate the rose scent as well, until I tried a few products that were rose-scented and it really grew on me.

    Paula
    My beauty and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one but rose scents are definitely growing on me ;) x

      Delete
  7. You just can't go wrong with a Diptyque when it comes to luxury candles, perfumes etc. All so stunning, and smell so classy and grown up, love! :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, I don't know why it took me so long to buy one! x

      Delete
  8. Oh I love candles!! This one is so pretty as well, I love the floral pattern with the green :) You've described the scent well too! I'm not a fan of rose either but if it's a bit more fresh/green then it could be something I'd like! Glad I found your blog, I think I'll be back :)

    Emma xx

    alittlefreckle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm usually terrible at describing scents so I'm glad I finally described something well!
      & welcome - I'm glad you found my blog too! :) x

      Delete
  9. I love this one! It smells absolutely gorgeous.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous, I still have it in the box and it fills up the room x

      Delete
  10. I don't like rose scents either- it smells like (older) lady perfume. Blech. But this sounds nice! I bet I'd like it if you do!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Rose scents are just awful, I'm not a fan at all but with this candle it smells more 'green' than rose. I think you would really like it too :) x

      Delete
  11. Omg we are opposites! I am so obsessed with rose & lavender. Now I understand why this candle is so expensive. If it releases a scent without ever being lit, that's pretty impressive.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha twins!...well kind of! ;)
      I never understood why it was so expensive either but it's so strong that I don't think I ever need to light it! x

      Delete
  12. Oh goodness, this looks so beautiful! I love candles and there's just something amazing about the expensive ones! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really looks beautiful, especially on a vanity. x

      Delete
  13. Wow it has some gorgeous packaging, I bet it smells equally as gorgeous!

    allthatshimmers.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! The packaging is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it on my shelf, it just looks stunning! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x