Monday, 9 February 2015

FACE OILS FOR THE AM AND PM

If I am honest, oils have always scared me. I used to run away from putting any sort of oil on my hair when I was younger (around the age of 15/16) and because of that, my hair and scalp got so dry. I now apply it every week and as a result, my hair is a lot more softer and it looks/feels much more healthy. 
So when I heard about face oils, I didn't think much of it. I have dry and sensitive skin, which is pretty much the worse combo ever! I thought my skin would react quite badly towards it (as it does with most products) and it would clog my pores, causes more breakouts and basically everything else under the sun. This past month, my skin went through a tough time, I was doing all nighters and with the stress of exams/assignments, I broke out like no man's business but due to the drop in temperature, my skin got a lot more drier, I had random flakey patches (TMI?). I asked on Twitter for some recommendations and whilst a lot of people replied back - thank you for that btw! I thought I should raid my stash before I go and buy something else.
I then found two face oils hidden in my drawer, the first is the Balance Me Extra Care Radiance Face Oil and the second is the Tarte Maracuja Oil.
Since the Balance Me Extra Care Radiance Face Oil is in a rollerball form, it is much easier to use first thing in the morning, before I apply any moisturiser on, as it creates no fuss. I simply roll this around my face, focusing more on my dry patches, and then I pat this into my skin. It very oil, in the sense that it does take a while for it to sink into the skin but after about 10 minutes, my skin completely drinks this up and it looks a lot more brighter. The scent is a bit hit or miss, it smells very herbal like but considering it is 100% natural, it is bound to smell like that. I found during the day, my skin did not feel dry, tight or irritated at all and I haven't broken out because of it!
The Tarte Maracuja Oil is one that I use at night. It has a pipette, which helps to distribute the product a lot more easier and anything that has a pipette, I am all for. After I have cleansed, I apply a few drops into my hands and press it into my skin. This is a very light weight oil compared to the Balance Me Extra Care Radiance Face Oil as it sinks into the skin very quickly and in terms of the scent, I do not find that it has an offensive scent, it just smells like an oil. Tarte have said that this oil is supposed to replenish, rebuild and brighten the skin and to be honest, I kind of have to agree since my skin feels and looks a lot smoother and softer. The Tarte Maracuja Oil has a high dose of Vitamin C, which helps to brighten the skin and helps to even your skin tone, now I have only used this for the past week so I can't say much about my skin tone but my skin does look a lot more brighter in the morning.

I tried using my Origins Drink Up Intensive mask before hand and even that did not work to get rid of my dry patches, and it normally does help. However, using these two oils in both the morning and the evening for the past week, I noticed my dry and flakey patches disappeared after two days so I was seriously impressed.

I have mini deluxe sizes of both products but I do not see myself finishing the product any time soon, I highly recommend them if you have been suffering from very dry skin lately.


Tarte Maracuja Oil (50ml) // £38.50/$46

16 comments:

  1. I'm the same, I'm very skeptical about putting oils on my face! I didn't know tarte did one but I am debating the Pai rosehip oil :)
    http://thegirlwiththestrawberrytattoo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot about the Pai oil, but I've never tried anything from the brand, might take a look at it :) x

      Delete
  2. Love the Tarte oil, I got a big bottle during the Sephora sale and still using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great since you only need a tiny amount, I can see my mini bottle lasting for a few months. x

      Delete
  3. I've really been getting into facial oils lately, did a post recently. Those minis will last you so long, too!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I would be into them as much as I am, they work so well! x

      Delete
  4. I know exactly what you mean about fearing oils, i was petrified the first time I used it for my hair - and my face - but they're so incredibly nourishing, i honestly don't know what I'd do without them now. I love the Balance Me oil, such amazing value for money :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I now look forward to applying any oils to my face/hair..it really makes a difference. The Balance Me oil is amazing, it worked wonders on my dry patches. x

      Delete
  5. I don't usually use facial oils, but I hear they are amazing for your skin. I really want to try the Tarte Miracula oil!x

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I gave face oils a go, it has made such a huge difference on my dry skin! x

      Delete
  6. I've always been nervous about trying face oils, mainly because oily products tend to be quite messy and leaky, but the idea of a roller baller face oil is pretty brilliant - definitely want to give that one a go!
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, oils do tend to get messy very quickly but the rollerball made it so much more easier to use. x

      Delete
  7. I love the Balance Me Oil.. especially in the rollerball, as it's so easy to apply and it feels so therapeutic too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does feel therapeutic..I had to stop myself from keep rolling it on my face - haha! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x