Friday, 6 March 2015

HAIRCARE 101

In terms of beauty, the one 'area' I do not know much of is, hair. I've never been too fussed over my hair, I still am not that fussed over it. I pretty much have a handful of products that I like and that's about it. So today, I thought it would be interesting to show you all my favourite hair products.
Pre-Wash:
This is probably a weird step for some, but once every two weeks or even after a week if I feel like my hair needs it, I apply a deep and intensive hair mask. I usually apply coconut oil to my hair and I sleep with it over night. I only do this when I know I am going to wash it the following day. My hair feels healthier and even looks it! Plus it provides moisture back to my scalp and hair so it is not so dry.
Wash:
For shampoo and conditioner, I am not bothered at all. I normally buy whatever is on sale but recently, I have been using the Phil Smith Super Smooth shampoo* and conditioner*, and my hair has been loving it so far. It does not make my hair frizzy at all, which I normally have an issue with, and my hair feels and looks smoother, shinier and I have found that it is less knotty - this could be down to the fact that my hair is no longer frizzy! Whilst this duo is really nice, my all time favourite conditioner is the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor, I normally use this twice a week and my hair loves it. If I was in a rush and I did not have time to wash my hair then the one product I use is the Batiste dry shampoo, I have used this for years and it's brilliant. I have found that the 'cherry' scent is the one that does not leave a white cast on my hair and it smells great!
Prep:
When my hair is wet, I use a pea sized amount of the Photo 7 Daily Hydrating cream and I apply it to the ends of my hair. I have used this for just over a year now and I have noticed a difference in my hair. It does not break as easily and I have noticed I have less split ends than I normally would have. If I don't feel like using this, then I reach for my Paul Mitchell The Conditioner, this is different compared to the Photo 7 cream, since it has a gel like consistency. It sinks into your hair easily and I can't even tell I have it in my hair at all. For a detangler, I have been using the Macadamia Natural Oil No Tangle, this contains both macadamia nut oil and argan fruit oil so it helps to bring moisture to your hair, the only thing I don't like about this is that it does not have an 'even spritz', but it is still a great product. For a heat protectant I have been using a new product as of late, I have been using the TREsemm√© Pro Shine heat protect style primer (I think it was limited edition?), the idea of a primer intrigued me and even though I love the Schwarzkopf Guardian Angel heat protectant, I really like this one too! It smells great and it makes my hair feel so much more softer and it is easier to manage. Again, I use all of these products when my hair is still wet.
Style:
If I have not applied heat protectant when my hair is wet and I need to style it then I grab my Paul Mitchell Express Style Hot Off The Press, it is a spray and the one thing I really like about this product is that it is a heat protectant and a hairspray in one! It protects my hair from heat and it also holds onto any style. If I want some volume to my hair then I reach for the TREsemmé 24 Hour Body Sky High Plumping powder, this is very similar to the Bumble & Bumble pret-a-powder, since it adds volume and texture to your hair but it's only a fraction of the price. Plus it has a matte finish so your hair does not look greasy at all! The final step in my haircare, is a finishing product. I used to apply serums to my hair but lately I've been using oils, I have been loving the Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Treatment oil. I simply apply a pea sized amount and run it through my hair, it helps to make my hair less frizzy and any fly aways at bay.
Also I was sent a great infographic on what the perfect hairstyle for your face would be and I found it really interesting! According to the infographic, I have a heart shaped face and I have to say I agree with it, I definitely suit longer layers than anything else.

So that is it, these are my current favourite hair products, I don't use every single product all at once but these are what I like.

12 comments:

  1. I have read about using coconut oil in your hair and sleep on it then wash tomorrow but I dare not use it myself. Wouldn't it make sleeping uncomfortable and messy?


    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear by using coconut oil now, I used to be scared of using oil on my hair but my hair loves it! In terms of it being uncomfortable, I stick my hair up in a top knot, so it is out of my face and as for messy, because the coconut oil I use is in the form of solid (I heat it up a little before I apply it to my hair) I find it is not as messy as some oils can be since it is thicker..I hope that helps! :) x

      Delete
  2. I love the macadamia and Aussie line as well. I am always trying new hair products but I try to heat style as little as possible.

    http://www.diaryofatrendaholic.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heat style my hair once a week and it's normally the ends and the front sections of my hair, otherwise it would be a bush and I can't manage it at all - haha! The Aussie & Macadamia line are amazing! x

      Delete
  3. I am obsessed with the Macadamia Oil products, they're all so amazing! xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing! A little pricey but worth it :) x

      Delete
  4. i don't really fuss over my hair either! great post, i love the smell of aussie products

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win the rose gold GHD styler and hairdryer on my blog here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, Aussie is a great brand! :) x

      Delete
  5. NIce! great products :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using coconut oil as a hair mask, it's so affordable and I find it does a better job than some of the expensive, branded hair masks in my drawers! I haven't tried anything from Macadamia, but I always hear such amazing things, so I'll have to do some shopping!

    Alice from Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had never thought to use coconut oil on my hair until a few months ago, and it really has made such a difference. Macadamia is amazing, you won't be disappointed :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x