Sunday, 15 March 2015

MAC | CINDERELLA COLLECTION

If you follow me on Twitter, then you would know that I finally got my hands on the MAC x Cinderella collection on Friday. Unfortunately, when it released on the MAC website last week, everything was sold out by the time I checked and the only thing I could get was a fluid line, but on Friday I made it my mission to get my hands on the items I wanted and I did!
As you can see, the entire collection is just stunning. I know some people think it looks tacky but with Cinderella being my second favourite Disney princess, I love it! - my all time favourite Disney princess is Sleeping Beauty, and funnily enough I did not buy anything from the Maleficent collection! All the products come in limited edition shimmery blue packaging, I thought it would be 'rubbery', similar to NARS packaging, but it isn't - which is great! The products I got from the entire collection are the two lipsticks, the beauty powder, the iridescent powder, the eyeshadow palette and one of the gel liners.
Starting off with the lipsticks, there were two to choose from. The first is 'Free As A Butterfly' which is described as a 'semi-sheer golden nude', which it is. It a light golden beige and whilst it can make your lips look a little dead, I have found over my other nude lipsticks, this looks great! The second lipstick is 'Royal Ball' which is described as a 'fleshy pink', honestly the word fleshy kind of makes me cringe but it's still a lovely shade nonetheless. It is a neutral everyday pink shade.
Both of these lipsticks have a Lustre finish to them.
Next up are the two powders, I have never tried a beauty powder or an iridescent powder from MAC, so I did not know what to expect but they are still nice and to me, they look just like normal highlighters. First is 'Coupe d'Chic' which is an iridescent powder, it is described as a 'light golden peach with gold shimmer'. Honestly this is was a bit difficult to swatch but I found when using a brush, it looks great on the high points of your face. It is shimmery, but it does not make you look like a disco ball. The beauty powder is called 'Mystery Princess' which is described as a 'pink beige with silver shimmer'. This was very easy to use, and it does not look chunky or patchy on the skin since it is very easy to blend, plus it does not emphasise the pores.
The eyeshadow palette, which is called 'Stroke of Midnight', was probably the one thing I was excited about getting. It contains six shades, five of which are permanent and funnily enough, I do not have any of these shades. Vapour (velvet) is described as being a 'peach-pink with violet pearl', I would say it is a bright iridescent white, which looks great as a highlight. Phloof! (frost) is described as a 'frosted off white', it does have a pink undertone to it. This was very soft and buttery to use. Omega (matte) is a 'soft muted beige taupe', this had great pigmentation to it and it was a breeze to blend. Quarry (matte) is a 'soft muted plummy brown' and like Omega, I found this very easy to blend. It is very soft and has great pigmentation. Satin Taupe (frost) is described as a 'taupe with a silver shimmer'. This was probably one of the shadows I was the most excited about, I have used Satin Taupe before, but I have always wanted to buy it. This had great colour payoff and it was a breeze to use. Stroke of Midnight (velvet) is the one shade in this palette that is limited edition and it was actually the one shade that did not perform as well as I would have thought. It is described as being a 'black plum with sparkle pearl', when swatched it looks almost matte and I found it to be a bit powdery and not as pigmented as the other shades in this palette.
The fluidline in Little Black Bow, was the one product I managed to get online when the collection first launched. It is described as a 'grey with silver pearl', I would say it is a dark grey with a metallic sheen to it. I found it very easy to use, it was very smooth and it provided an even finish, it did not tug on the skin either. I have used this on my lower lash line this week, and it did not budge at all!
I'm glad I did get my hands on the products I wanted from the collection. I was actually a little bit gutted that I could not get my hands on it when it first launched online, in fact when the lady at the MAC store handed me the lipstick in Royal Ball, it was actually the last one in stock! I felt a little bad for the people behind me, especially those who decided to go after work to get the products they wanted.

I have to say the one item that I was not fond of were the eye gloss, the idea of putting gloss on my eyelids kind of creeped me out a little - haha! Unfortunately, I can't find any of the collection online but you might be able to get your hands on it in store and I know Debenhams will have it online on the 17th March, so be sure to keep an eye out for that when it launches.


38 comments:

  1. This wonderful collection of images to love it!
    I'd accept the pink lipstick! :)
    http://judymuhely.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've picked up some gorgeous things, especially the eyeshadows x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eye shadows are amazing! Thanks Hannah :)

      Delete
  3. Ohh looks so nice - thank you for sharing!

    Te collection actually seems quite versatile which you just wouldn't expect with the title :)

    Clouded x
    CloudedDottedMind.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and the collection is very versatile - which is great because I know I will get a lot of use out of it, especially the palette :) x

      Delete
  4. Ahh the collection is sooo beautiful, I really want the Royal Ball lipstick! I also agree - the idea of putting gloss on your eyes is a little weird. Thanks for sharing! x

    Amy | The Perks of Being Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was the only one! Everyone was going mad over the eyegloss in store but I feel like if I were to use it, then my eyelids would keep sticking together - haha! x

      Delete
  5. Oh Mandy, I am SO jealous of your haul. Amazing products you picked up here. The Royal Ball looks so pretty and all the shadows are totally up me street. Such a great post :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Elle. I made it my mission to get my hands on it on Friday & the collection is going to be up on the Debenhams website on the 17th so you can get your hands on it then :) x

      Delete
  6. I personally am not a fan of this collection, I feel that Mac should have put more thought into the packaging, it just look a little cheap to me. :-/ The eyeshadow shades are gorgeous though, I am a neutral girl so that palette definitely appeals to me.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you there, MAC could have put a little more effort into the packaging, but it does remind me of Cinderella as it goes with her dress/shoe. The palette is amazing, they have definitely not skipped on quality there, like they have in previous collections :) x

      Delete
  7. The eyeshadow collection looks just right up my street. There isn't a MAC store around where I live so I guess by the time next week, when I have the chance it might all be gone. Never mind. My all time favourite Disney princess is Ariel but I'm excited for the Cinderella movie. Hope to speak soon xxx

    Caz | Lunch Break Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be available on the debenhams website tmrw! So you might be able to buy it online before it sells out :) x

      Delete
  8. I love the eyeshadow palette! I like Vapour, Phloof and Satin Taupe the most. xx Izzy | http://qthee.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Satin Taupe is the one eyeshadow that I have been after for ages, so I'm glad it comes in this palette :) x

      Delete
  9. OMG, you got it!!??? its so beautiful

    Shalay,
    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this extremely comprehensive review! I LOVE how they went with such a classic packaging design and these shades are so beautiful. Love the way they are subdued and classy - super for daily wear. Will have to go check my local MAC store to see if I can still get my hands on any of this stuff!

    Rae | love from berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Rae, I'm glad you liked it :)
      Definitely check your local MAC store to see if anything is still there, I know in some places it's completely sold out! x

      Delete
  11. Wow you did so well to get your hands on all of this! I love the look of the shadows in the palette xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Gemma, the shadows in the palette are amazing! x

      Delete
  12. Oh wow~! This Cinderella collection looks beautiful! Love the colours and the packaging! Thanks for sharing. :D

    ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is even more beautiful in person! & you're welcome, I'm glad you liked it :) x

      Delete
  13. You did well getting all of these goodies! I wasn't really bowled over by anything from the collection, but if I had picked anything up it would have been the eyeshadow palette. I love that it's got so many popular shades in!

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly! I'm glad I picked the palette up, it has so many shades in it, that I've been wanting to try for years but just never brought. x

      Delete
  14. Well done on getting your hands on this collection. Everyone has been going crazy for it!!

    Gorgeous photos!

    Carrie
    http://www.cazmosworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie - the line in MAC was crazy too! Luckily I got there early ;) x

      Delete
  15. This is one of the only collections I have wanted from MAC and I only managed to get one thing :(
    Lucky you!

    Sophie x

    www.booksandbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I have never really been excited over a MAC collection before, until this one! What did you manage to get your hands on? x

      Delete
  16. How gorgeous is the eyeshadow palette?! I think i need to add Quarry eyeshadow to my collection!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quarry is an amazing shade, especially to use in the crease :) x

      Delete
  17. I REALLY want to try this collection you lucky thing! www.ohstyleblog.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oh thanks Charlotte! I definitely feel lucky considering it sold out SO quickly! x

      Delete
  18. Ooh you got some lovely bits, Stroke of midnight looks like such a stunning palette :) I managed to pick a couple of bits up yesterday when they restocked I got both Royal Ball and Coupe D’Chic - I wish I had got Mystery Princess as it looks lovely.

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stroke of Midnight is amazing! It has all the colours that you will ever need! I didn't know MAC was going to restock the collection - that's great you managed to get some bits :) x

      Delete
  19. Oh I love this collection! I can't wait to get my hands on some!
    Emma Xx

    www.emmaslookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, MAC have restocked it! Hopefully you manage to get your hands on it :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x