Thursday, 12 March 2015

THE BATTLE OF THE MASKS

It's no surprise that I love a good face mask. I love trying out different types and I love how it makes my skin feel after using them. Face masks are a great way to either draw out all those nasty impurities in your skin or to bring back some hydration and moisture. I thought it would be interesting to show you all my current favourite masks that I use for different skin-situations.
HYDRATION: It's no surprise to you all that I suffer from dry and sensitive skin (worse combo ever!) so every week or so I use a hydrating face mask. I have two that I really love to use, the first is my all time favourite the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask. I practically slather my skin in this, and I do not bother wiping away the excess like it says on the tube. I apply this about an hour or so before going to bed and then I leave it on until the next morning when I wash my face. In the morning my skin feels plumper, softer and any dry patches I may have had are gone. A new favourite is the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey mask, this is not an overnight mask like the Origins one, but it's still great! It is targeted for dehydrated and blemish prone skin but I use this on areas that I feel like need extra hydration and after 15 - 20 minutes later, my skin is so soft and moisturised.
DETOX: Even though I suffer from dry and sensitive skin, I have also been suffering from a few blemishes lately - I put it down to being in my final year of uni! The Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2-in-1 wash and mask, has been my favourite mask for years. I remember using this back when I was 14/15 and I still use it now. It is a clay based mask so it is gentle on your skin but it also draws all those impurities in your skin. The Boscia Luminizing Black Mask is a new favourite, I brought this a few months ago (I mentioned it here) and it's amazing! It is a peel off mask, which I love but also it's great at drawing out dirt and oil from the skin. I usually use this on my T-zone and on my chin and I instantly notice that those areas feel much more 'cleaner', I highly recommend it!
RADIANCE: In terms of radiance, there was only one mask that came to mind and it is the Glamglow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate treatment. This mask is really something, it is a clay mask but it also has little exfoliating grains in it too. Again, I apply this on the centre of my face so my T-zone, chin and nose, I avoid my cheeks but I feel like it would be a bit too harsh since my cheeks are a lot more sensitive but I have yet to try it. When it dries down, I remove the mask in circular motions to help exfoliate, this really helps to take away any dead skin cells but it does not make my skin feel tight or irritated afterwards. Again, I highly recommend it!
PORE CLEANSING: Pore cleansing masks are probably one of my favourites, I can never have enough. One of my all time favourites is the Sanctuary Deep Cleanse Facial 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask, like it says on the tube, it is a thermal mask so when you first apply it on your skin, it warms up but this disappears after a minute or so. It is a charcoal mask so it really gets to work on your skin and helps to unclog your pores. A new favourite that I discovered last year is the Glamglow SuperMud Clearing Treatment. Now I've heard mixed reviews on this mask but I love it. I do not apply it all over my skin, instead I simply apply this on certain areas like my nose and chin. When this mask is drying you can see it drawing out all the dirt and oil from your pores, it's really fascinating. A new favourite, which is similar to the Glamglow mask but a lot cheaper, is the REN Invisible Pores Detox mask. This is amazing, it is a clay based mask and it instantly makes your pores look smaller. Again, you can see this mask drawing out all the impurities from your pores but when you wash it off your 'clogged pores' are no longer clogged. One of the things I like about this mask is that it is super gentle on the skin, it's amazing! 

From my entire stash of face masks, these are the ones that I love and I would repurchase again and again. In fact, I highly recommend them all!

Edit: MyVoucherCodes have a great deal where you can get up to 20% off your order on products like the REN Invisible Pores Detox mask or the Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey mask, on LookFantastic.


Have you entered my 100 followers on Bloglovin' giveaway yet? I'm giving away two Essie nail polishes! 

16 comments:

  1. Isn't the Origins overnight mask just brilliant Mandy? I've raved about it so many times on my blog it's just ridiculous. I genuinely couldn't live without it! The Sanctuary scrub sounds amazing too, definitely on my to try list :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing and it does wonders on my skin! I couldn't live without it either! x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Oh it's amazing Heather, you definitely need it :) x

      Delete
  3. What a great, informative post! I rarely use masks, so this was really eye opening for me.
    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, I'm glad you liked it :) x

      Delete
  4. I am going to definitely have to try one of the hydrating masks. I also have very dry and sensitive skin and always looking for products to help! Great post.

    http://kelliemiyoko.blogspot.com

    x Kellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the Origins mask then, I've used it for years and it's my failsafe mask for instant hydration :) x

      Delete
  5. This is such a helpful post! I absolutely love the Origins Overnight mask for when my skin needs a bit of extra moisture. I've heard good things about the Glamglow Supermud too.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Glamglow supermud is great! And thanks Antonia, I'm glad you found it helpful :) x

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love masks and this was a really helpful post!! I have dehydrated skin at the moment so am tempted by the Origins over night mask! I really want to try Anitpodes skincare too!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.blogspot.co.yk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine, I'm glad you found it helpful :)
      As for the origins mask, I highly recommend it! I've been using it for years and it's my fail safe hydrating mask :) x

      Delete
  7. Neutrogena is a very good product!
    only in Hungary expensive. Klasz blog.
    As I will follow bloglovin angel14
    Judy kisses
    http://judymuhely.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the Boscia mask charcoal based ?
    Shaguna
    www.goldandhearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, it's not. It is a clay-based peel off mask but one of the best charcoal based masks I've ever used, is the one by Origins - it's amazing!! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x