Tuesday, 3 March 2015

THE ROUND UP | FEBRUARY 2015

I can't remember the last time I actually sat down and wrote a blog post. February was such a busy month for me and I honestly couldn't wait for it to be over. Hello March! I thought I would start things off with my favourites for the month of February, also I have decided to now call it a 'Round Up' simply because I am going to 'round up' everything that I have been loving for that month, along with all the blog posts I have written at the end of this post - let me know if you like it this way :)

This month, I tried out a lot of different mascaras but the one that I am in love with is the Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara. I got a deluxe sample in a set and I didn't think I would love it as much as I do! It creates length and volume but it does not make my lashes look clumpy at all - I even got asked if I was wearing false lashes and that never happens!! I will have a review of this mascara coming up soon, so be sure to be on the look out for that. Another Tarte product from that set is the Tarte 12 hour clay blush in Exposed. If you have been a long reader of mine then you would know that I regretted not buying any blushes from Tarte when I went to Vegas last year, and so since Sephora now ships to the UK I decided to pick one up. Now in the pan this blush looks a bit 'blah' and nothing special, but believe me when I say this is gorgeous on the cheeks, plus it lasts for ages on the skin.
Another cheek product is the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow. I brought this at the beginning of the year when Selfridges had 10% of CT, and it was not until this month when I really started to use it. The sculpt shade is great to make it look like you have cheekbones and the highlight shade makes it look like you are glowing from within. I didn't have much time to do my make up this month so this duo was great! Another highlighting product is an old favourite of mine, it's the YSL Touche Elcat. I used this under my eyes (but on top of my concealer) to brighten my under eye area up. I had such dark circles this month and this is the one product that really helped and made it look like I had 10 hours of sleep every night, when in reality I only had about 5, 6 if I was lucky.
Finally the last two products are both from MAC. I have been wearing MAC - Twig lipstick everyday this past month, it is a great everyday shade. Now I love MAC - Faux, and whilst Twig does look similar, it is much darker than Faux. For a little 'pop', I have been wearing the new MAC Viva Glam x Miley Cyrus lipstick and lipgloss for when I go out at night. It is a bright pink lipstick and lipgloss and I have gotten SO many compliments on it.


40 comments:

  1. I love Mileys MAC Lippy, i haven't wore it much yet but I'm obsessed with the colour <3
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is amazing! I thought it would be a bit too much but it's great! x

      Delete
  2. Great picks! I love pretty much everything there! Definitely going to pick up the MAC Viva Glam Miley lipstick as it's so beautiful.

    charliehearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You definitely need the MAC lipstick, it's amazing!! x

      Delete
  3. The Tarte blushes are honestly the bomb! My love for my 'Captivating' one is just eternal!

    Allie | RainyAllie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Captivating looks amazing too! I don't know why it took me so long to try these out! x

      Delete
  4. love your picks! especially the mac products x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I see that Bronze & Glow palette my jaw just drops... love. Great favourites!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it..but wait until there's some sort of sale going on, I wouldn't pay full price for it ;) x

      Delete
  6. I love the look of that Miley lippy, and I never feel bad paying for a VG lipstick. Crazy that all of the money goes to charity, am delighted with that system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never feel bad either, it's great that all the money goes towards such a great cause :) x

      Delete
  7. I loved those MAC Viva Glam x Miley Cyrus shades!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing aren't they! They look even better when they're used together :) x

      Delete
  8. I’m in love with your blog! I like your photos and style of writing! I know that it requires so much time to update blog, but keep doing it!)
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much Diana, it means a lot :) x

      Delete
  9. I just bought MAC twig :)'it's such a gorgeous dark nude!

    Love your blog! Just followed :)
    www.emilyroseperrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twig is an amazing everyday shade and thank you for following :) x

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Oh no! I don't have that lipstick but by looking at swatches online, it does look a bit weird. I promise you that Miley's lipstick looks nothing like that - it is a true hot pink, but definitely check it out in stores :) x

      Delete
  11. Such a gorgeous selection of favourites! The CT Filmstar Bronze & Glow is high up on my wish list :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! The CT duo is amazing! x

      Delete
  12. I love all of those products!! And the way you that put it all together :)
    www.lifestylefunxion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Twig is lovely, just wish I was brave enough for those brights!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not that brave to wear brighter lipsticks so I've just been dabbing it, it's a great shade nonetheless :) x

      Delete
  14. ahh that tarte blush! i've got a gift card to sephora and i think i want to get the tarte blush in fearless, i see so many great reviews on all the colors i want all of them though haha x

    Natalie / Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I want them all now too! Fearless looks amazing though! x

      Delete
  15. I have this tarte mascara and I agree with you that the formula is not heavy and it makes my lashas look like falsies, i am a total fan tarte blushes.really nice post dearhttp://fabfragworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The mascara is amazing isn't it! x

      Delete
  16. I am obsessed with Tarte blushes! Great post.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree on that Tarte mascara! It's so amazing on my short and sparse eyelashes. I forgotten how amazing it was and then I got a sample of it from ipsy and I am using it everyday. Will be picking up a full size once my sample size runs out.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely going to buy a full size when my sample runs out, I've just finished writing a review on the mascara which will be up soon ;) x

      Delete
  18. Great picks! I am completely lusting over some of these products! :) The charlotte Tillbury bronze and glow is stunning, the packaging is beautiful. I also wish Tarte was more acceptable in Britain!
    Lovely post.
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie :) I wish Tarte was available instores rather than it being on QVC, atleast we can see the products in person! x

      Delete
  19. Lovely Post!

    Mac lipstick colour looks fabulous! The bronze and glow palette also looks gorg!

    Emma :) x

    http://beautyconfessionswithemma.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. That contour palette looks really good! And I love the Mac lipstick colour :)

    http://ariannachatz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The contour palette is amazing, at first I didn't think much of it, but when you use it - it's amazing! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x