Wednesday, 18 March 2015

URBAN DECAY | NAKED 3

It's no surprise that I love my original Urban Decay Naked palette. I remember when it first launched..everyone went crazy for it and before I knew it, it was sold out everywhere. Fast forward a few months later and in September of that year (2010?) Urban Decay launched it again and made it permanent, I was so excited, I could not stop talking about it! I got it as a present that month for my birthday (back when it was just £28!) and to this day, it's still my favourite palette. Last year back in September, I was given the new(er) Urban Decay Naked 3 palette for my birthday and whilst I was excited that I got my hands on it, it was not until this month that I started to use it - is that bad? Of course it's bad!
With the UD Naked 3 being a lot more pink in tone, I have to admit I was a little hesitant to use it. Pink eyeshadow can look really nice, if it is done in the right way, but I always have had this fear that by using pink eyeshadows, my eyes will look like they have an infection(!) Funnily enough, this is not the case with these eyeshadows, yes they have a pinky tone, but they are really wearable shades!
This palette contains 12 brand new, never seen before eyeshadows along with a dual ended brush, which is actually great! Here are some swatches of the eyeshadows without using a primer:
 Strange is a matte creamy beige with a pink undertone and Dust is a peachy pink glittery shimmer, both of these shadows were a bit difficult to swatch by when using a fluffy brush, Strange looks lovely as a highlight shade and Dust is best applied with either a flat shader brush or by packing it on the lid with your fingers. Burnout is a pinky peach with a satin finish, Limit is a true pink shade which has a matte finish. I would say Buzz is a true rose gold shadow, it's lovely! Trick is a pinky coppery shimmer, this was a little bit tricky to swatch since it was similar to my skintone but when using a flat shader brush, it's amazing!
I would say Nooner is a taupe which has a matte finish, I like to use this as a transition shade since it works with all the other shadows in this palette. Liar is a gorgeous pinky mauve shade and Factory is a warm brown which has a satin finish. Mugshot is taupe shade which is a satin finish, this is a little bit different to all the other shades in the palette but it still works. Darkside is a plummy taupe which also has a satin finish and Blackheart is a black shadow that has purple/copper glitter running through it. 

Like all other Urban Decay shadows, these are very creamy and buttery. They are very easy to work with and whilst some are a little less pigmented than others, I still love it nonetheless. I definitely would not have picked this palette up for myself and I'm glad I got it as a gift.

As for the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, that's one I probably won't have in my collection since it is a lot cooler in tone and I tend to gravitate towards warmer eyeshadows.

44 comments:

  1. I was also hesitating in buying this palette because the pink tones but these shades are so lovely especially the darker shades. I can't believe how pigmented these eyeshadow are!
    50 shades of liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I got this as a gift, otherwise I would have never brought it! The darker shades are seriously amazing compared to the lighter shades (which are still nice) :) x

      Delete
  2. When Nakec 3 came out, I tried to get my hands on it and it was sold out everywhere. I never did purchase Naked 2 & 3 but do own dupes for both by W7 and the dupes are absolutely brilliant!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the W7 dupes and they look great! I would have never brought the Naked 3 palette myself, but I'm happy I got it as a gift :) x

      Delete
  3. I wish I could pull off more pink/purple tones - I love the Naked Palette though.
    Casey / Atopsyturvyblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, you can! I thought it wouldn't suit me either but I find even though these have a pink/purple tone, they're still wearable :) x

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous palette - these colours are beautiful!!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is gorgeous, isn't it! x

      Delete
  5. I love your blog photos!
    Shaguna
    www.goldandhearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Shaguna, that means a lot :) x

      Delete
  6. All 3 of the Naked palettes are sooo stunning!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! UD really know how to get their palettes spot on :D x

      Delete
  7. I always like the look of the Naked 3 palette but pink tones don't suit me!
    But you've photographed this beautifully

    Sophie x

    www.booksandbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie :)
      I didn't think pink tones suited me either, but I find these shades to be really wearable - you should give it a go. x

      Delete
  8. The swatches do it SO much more justic than when in the pallette, making me really want it!! Mugshot, liar and buzz are my favourite looking!

    CLOTHING CONSCIOUS// FASHION & LIFESTYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Nooner is a great shade too - I use it to blend everything together, it's a great 'transition' shade! x

      Delete
  9. I've got the Naked and the Naked 3 and love them both! Such gorgeous shades!

    www.saltandchic.com // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naked will forever be my favourite though, but it's nice to have some variety even if they are still neutral shades - haha! x

      Delete
  10. I was having the exact same fears for the pink tones on the palette but after all the hesitation here I am loving it! * the classic Naked though will forever be a life saviour - favourite haha:)

    Demetria xx | www.shoptimist.eu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original Naked will forever be a favourite for me too! It's just so good - haha! x

      Delete
  11. great post !!

    would love to know your thoughts on my new freebies post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually really like that this palette is quite pink toned, it's one of the reasons I want to buy it!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I wasn't interested in the palette at all since I thought it would look odd on me, but it's so versatile! x

      Delete
  13. That palette is gorgeous! I am loving the Makeup revoloution iconic 3 it is supposidly a dupe for this palette obviously not as pigmented but for £4 it was a great buy! x

    http://jessicaxvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to try anything from Makeup Revolution, I've heard so much about the brand! x

      Delete
  14. I have the UD Naked 2 palette and I really need to use it more! Probably won't be able to resist the Naked 3 for too long x

    Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the reasons why I don't want to buy anymore eyeshadows, I have way too many and I hardly use them! But the UD Naked 3 is amazing, especially the darker shades :) x

      Delete
  15. I was not that crazy for the N2, but I love the colors in the N3 ^_^ I came from the Twitter #bbloggers chat ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not crazy for UD Naked 2 either, it looks nice but very similar to what I have already in my stash. Naked 3 is amazing and definitely different to any of my palettes and thanks! :) x

      Delete
  16. Have wanted to purchase this for so long!

    All the colours look beautiful xx

    lotsofloveliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are beautiful, plus they are so easy to blend! You should definitely get it :) x

      Delete
  17. This palette is gorgeous! I love my original Naked palette, it was the first eyeshadow palette I ever bought!
    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the first ever palette I got too! It's amazing! x

      Delete
  18. Absolutely love the Urban Decay palettes; amazing quality and variety of colours for the price. I have 1 & 3, 3 is very pretty but i think the original is my fave :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 is pretty but I still prefer the original. It has everything I will ever need in a palette. As for Naked 2, it looks nice but I know I won't use it. :) x

      Delete
  19. Stunning palette. I need to go & pick this up asap. The colors are my favorites. xo // Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a stunning palette and the colours are so wearable too! :) x

      Delete
  20. Great post and tips! :-)
    April xx

    http://aprilrosepengilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I got this palette for Christmas and I absolutely love it. I was also hesitant about the pink tones but after taking some time to get used to them and creating looks, I stopped worrying about looking like I had pink eye ahah.

    Caitriona | Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I thought the exact same thing! But with this palette, it doesn't make you look like you have an eye infection, it's so wearable :) x

      Delete
  22. I really want this palette but it is so expensive! Maybe i'll pick up a dupe instead. Great post, really love the pigmentation of the shades :)

    sazbomb.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is expensive but I'm glad I got it as a present as I know I wouldn't have brought it otherwise :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x