Wednesday, 8 April 2015

ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS LIQUID LIPSTICKS

Liquid lipsticks. People have been going crazy over them and for good reason too. They practically last all day and they are immensely pigmented. If you have been reading my blog for a while, then it may surprise you that I was never really a lip product person. I never really brought lipsticks or lip-glosses until the beginning of last year and it's kind of crazy to see how much things change. I have seen so much hype over the new(ish) Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks that I just had to try them for myself.
The packaging is gorgeous, it comes in a sleek and fairly heavy tube. It has a doe foot applicator, which makes it great to apply the product evenly on the lips. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks are incredibly pigmented and are full coverage. They are instantly creamy to apply but once dried, they have a matte finish. I normally have issues with lip products drying out my lips, but this didn't do that, which is actually shocking.
The two shades I brought were Pure Hollywood which is a cool beige. This is probably one of the most hyped up shades from the whole collection and I was a little hesitant when I ordered this. I thought it would be too grey on me, but in fact it looks a lot more peachy on my skin tone, which you can see when I swatched it. The next shade I chose was Lovely, which is truly lovely! It is a dusty rosey pink and it just looks really lovely. This was the shade that I was looking forward to and I love it. I wore this a few days ago and I got so many compliments on it(!)

As I said before, these are incredibly pigmented and are a dream to apply. They do not set very fast, so you can take your time applying them on the lips before they set. Of course I chose the most neutral (safe) shades, but there are a ton of shades to choose from in the range. As for wear time, I noticed it started to fade after 5/6 hours and that was after eating/drinking.

In terms of shipping, it took about 10 working days to arrive, which is pretty standard, and I actually did have to pay customs (which I was SO excited about...) but I definitely do recommend them, even if you have an eye on one shade.

20 comments:

  1. I've been really wanting to try these out! Matte lip glosses sound perfect to me - I normally hate how sticky they feel. I love the look of Pure Hollywood. I'm always wary ordering online because I can't actually try it out first, but I need to bite the bullet and actually put an order in.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matte lip glosses normally scare me because they're quite drying, I didn't find these drying at all! Pure Hollywood is an amazing shade, I recommend it :) x

      Delete
  2. These colours are gorgeous, I'm not normally a fan of lip glosses but I would definitely try these
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend them, the shade selection is amazing! :)

      Delete
  3. You do such great detailed reviews I love reading your blog!

    Do you mind checking mine out and maybe leaving a comment or a follow? Thank you! x :)
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/allkhev-13764221 or allkhev.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look gorgeous and what beautiful shades! You can tell from the swatch they are going to be great, fab find!!! :D

    http://katsbeautytales.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat, I've seen them all over Instagram and that's what made me what to try them. They're great! x

      Delete
  5. I wish there was more places in the UK that stocked Anastasia, these are beautiful! Both of the shades are gorgeous, I love Pure Hollywood! Im determined to track them down now!

    Eloise x
    mallowbeauty.co. uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few websites that sell Anastasia but it's only brow products and the contour palette. They definitely need to bring over her eyeshadows and lip products, so we can get our hands on it here in the UK :)

      Delete
  6. Oh wow you have chosen two amazing shades! I love how the consistency looks on these photos!
    Jennie Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours are sooo pretty. I'm not the biggest fan of liquid lipsticks but I might have to give these a try, they're just too pretty.

    XO Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried liquid lipsticks before trying these and I'm liking it so far :) x

      Delete
  8. Love the colour of pure hollywood :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these lipsticks are so gorgeous Mandy. Especially Pure Hollywood... the perfect colour for Spring :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pure Hollywood is such a unique shade. I haven't seen anything like it before..definitely perfect for Spring :)

      Delete
  10. I've been wanting to try these out, I've heard so many mixed reviews on them.

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying them for a while now and I really do like them. They're a little drying on the lips but nothing like a good lip balm won't fix :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x