Tuesday, 21 April 2015

MAC x PHILIP TREACY COLLECTION 2015

I went past a MAC store on Thursday and I saw that the new Philip Treacy collection was on display. I decided to go in store and just 'have a look'. I had seen the collection online and nothing really stood out to me but in store, the collection looked amazing!
 The whole collection contains three lipsticks, two highlighters, three fluidlines and two paint pots. I settled on two of the lipsticks and one highlighter. The lipsticks are bright and vivid, and so they are perfect for the Spring/Summer. I normally stay away from such bright shades but I couldn't say no to these shades, I mean look at them!
 The first lipstick I chose was Hollywood Cerise, which is described as being a 'magenta berry' shade. I would describe this shade as a berry fuchsia which has a cool undertone to it. It is a satin so it does have a sheen but this is barely noticeable on the lips. The second lipstick I brought was No Faux Pas, which is a repromote from last year's holiday collection and I missed out on getting it! It is described as being a 'yellow hot pink', which sounds a little odd but I would describe this as a bright fuchsia which has a cool undertone to it. It is a matte lipstick but it does have a little bit of a sheen to it when applied on the lips and to be honest, I don't mind that. It is not uncomfortable to wear and like Hollywood Cerise, it is super opaque. The other shade in the collection is a gorgeous bright red. Both of these are limited edition so if you want to get your hands on them, I suggest acting fast!
 
The next item I brought is the High-Light powder in Nude Pink. This is described as being a 'champagne base with silver', I would say it is a true peachy shade which has some shimmer running through it. However, when applied on the skin, this creates a gorgeous sheen on the skin. What first drew me to this was definitely the design, it has an art-deco like feel and it's stunning! It does have an overspray of silver in some places but to be honest, I am not very fussed since the actual product is amazing as a blush since as a highlight, I don't think it would really work. I have it swatched in the pictures above and as you can see, when it is blended out, it looks amazing! There was also a pinky High-Light powder in the collection and whilst it looked stunning but it didn't really appeal to me since it was a fairly pale pink.

Unfortunately, there is no special packaging with this collection but I highly suggest checking this collection out, especially since it is nearly sold out online.

MAC x Philip Treacy Lipstick // £15.50
MAC x Philip Treacy High-Light Powder // £23

Have you entered my 100 followers on Bloglovin' giveaway yet? I'm giving away two Essie nail polishes! 

18 comments:

  1. Do you think the highlight powder works better as a blush or is a true highlight?
    Shaguna
    gold&heartsr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my skintone (I'm around an NC30) it looks more like a highlight than a blush. You can still see it on my skin so lately I've been wearing it as a blush as it creates a lovely sheen but I know when I have a tan (I go up to around an NC37) it will look better as a highlight. Hope that helps! x

      Delete
  2. The lipsticks are absolutely stunning, so perfect for Summer! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of that highlighter, such a subtle shade for spring! the lipstick colours are gorgeous! :) Great to see this collection!
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think you can get away with using it as a blush too, as it's such a versatile product :) x

      Delete
  4. The highlighter actually looks as a blush to me :) I think it would be too dark for my skin to use just as a highlighter. You picked up great lipstick shades, they will be perfect for spring/summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're lighter than me, then it would look lovely as a blush. Right now, I'm around an NC30 so I've been wearing it as a blush since it gives off a nice sheen but in the summer it will be great to use as a highlight. x

      Delete
  5. Those lipstick shades look so pretty, a little too bright for me though! I'm such a wimp when it comes to lip colours. x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! I'm the same Jordan, but this year I've decided to branch out a little so I'm going for more 'daring' shades. x

      Delete
  6. This range looks so lovely, I did actually pick up No Faux Pars from the CCO a few weeks back and I’m glad I did as the shade is so gorgeous! Hollywood Cerise looks stunning as does the highlighter - and I love the pan design :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pan design is gorgeous! I wore Hollywood Cerise the other day and I got so many compliments! x

      Delete
  7. Oh Mandy, I am permanently envious of your makeup hauls/collections ;) Absolutely love the look of the highlighter, so gorgeous!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, don't worry Elle, I can ensure you that my make up collection isn't anything special. BUT if you ever need help shopping, I'll be more than happy to help ;) x

      Delete
  8. oh my god those lipsticks! I got my first bright pink last year with Red Balloon and maaay have to get another after seeing these! http://thegirlwiththestrawberrytattoo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You NEED these!! There is a red in the collection but I preferred these shades. x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x