Monday, 6 April 2015

NARS DUAL INTENSITY EYESHADOW PALETTE

Ever since I went mad in MAC for the Cinderella collection, I promised myself that I would not buy any other make up product. I don't exactly need anything new since I want to start using a few products up (which I have been doing! Why do I need 8 concealers, I would never know!) but lately ASOS had 20% off full priced products for students and I decided to have a look on the website. I haven't checked ASOS in months so I was a little surprised when I saw they still stocked the new(ish) NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow palette. I instantly added it to my basket and checked out, the next day it was here! Now I said to myself that I don't need anymore eyeshadow palettes, and it's true! I have too many (some would probably say I have a small amount, but I think I have quite a lot!) and I know I probably wouldn't even hit pan in some of them. With this palette, I really liked it but with some self control, I put off from buying it..it didn't last very long - haha!
The NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow palette (£45) comes with eight of the dual intensity eyeshadows, which you can use wet or dry (so technically you have 16 eyeshadows!). Seven of the eyeshadows are permanent, with just one being limited edition, so ideally it is a great way to try out the shades without buying them individually (£21 each). Plus it comes with a travel sized eyeshadow brush too! Here are the shadows applied dry:
 Here are the shadows applied wet:
Europa is a soft pastel pink however I noticed that when swatched, it looked a little more coral. Himalia is a gold shade with a bronzy finish, this is definitely a cool toned gold and for that reason, I really like it! Ursa Major is a medium brown shade that has a satin finish, this is limited edition. Subra is a dark brown with purple running through it. I noticed that when it is wet, it looks a lot more purple, nevertheless, it is a gorgeous shade! Andromeda is a creamy beige that has pink/gold shimmer running through it, this is perfect for the inner corner. Lysithea is a silver that has a grey undertone, it is a lot cooler in tone and a pretty unique shade. Giove is a pure dark navy blue, this is absolutely stunning! Lastly, Sycorax is a pure matte black shade, this is perfect for darkening up any look or using it to line your eyes, it's not chalky at all. 
As you can see, the eyeshadows are very pigmented and are very easy to blend. However, I noticed that when I tried to swatch the shadows wet, it was a little difficult but I put this down to the brush that I used (I used the one that came in the palette), I think a stiff shadow brush would do a better job, or even using your fingers!

NARS Dual Intensity Eyeshadow palette // £45



Have you entered my 100 followers on Bloglovin' giveaway yet? I'm giving away two Essie nail polishes! 

10 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful palette! I've been really struggling to resist buying it. Andromeda and Europa are my favourite shades, although they're all lovely. The ASOS discount did a bit of damage to my bank account too... oops!

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I resisted for so long (months even!) but that ASOS discount made me do it. It's a stunning palette though! x

      Delete
  2. This is quite possibly one of the prettiest palettes ever! I love the dark navy blue shade, I'd probably be too scared to wear it but it's beautiful!

    pippibee.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was the same but I think by using it on the lash line, it would look gorgeous! x

      Delete
  3. I love this palette, I wouldn’t have thought that ASOS would have had this but yay for getting it with 20% off :) The palette is so gorgeous and I love the range of shades, I have to agree it’s a great way to try the shades out, fab review :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm glad I checked the website when I did because I would have never seen it otherwise. Plus with 20% off, I just had to buy it... ;D

      Delete
  4. I love the look of this palette, it has so many pretty shades! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my the design of that palette alone is amazing!
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know right! It makes me not want to use it, but it's such great quality! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x