Saturday, 18 April 2015

SPRING NAIL PICKS | 2015

After wearing dark nails for the past couple of months, I cannot wait to wear brighter shades on my nails. For someone who has way too many nail polish bottles (and could probably open their own shop with the amount she has) I tend to only have a handful of shades that I reach for, per season.
Spring is the time when I wear pastel nail polish and is probably the only time of year when I do. As soon as March rolls around, I ditch the darker shades and reach for more neutral shades. I have been obsessed with wearing 'barely there' nails lately and the one shade that I like to use to create this is, Essie - Sugar Daddy. This has been an all time favourite of mine for years now and for good reason too, it is a sheer shade but it goes with everything! In fact, I'm even giving this away in my latest giveaway so be sure to enter if you want to win this shade!
If I want a more opaque shade then I reach for Deborah Lippmann - P.Y.T, this is a lot more pink than the Essie polish and whilst it is more opaque, it is still sheer. For a completely pinky peach shade, I reach for Models Own - Peach Puff. I haven't used this shade in months and I rediscovered it in the middle of March and I have been wearing it non stop. It is a true peachy pinky nude shade and it's just amazing! 
Sticking with the nude family, Nails Inc - Porchester Square is an amazing shade. It is a greyish taupe, which is not too cool nor too warm and because it is a part of the gel range from Nails Inc, it lasts for ages on the nails.
Nails Inc - Holland Park Gardens is a different shade for me. I do not really wear green on my nails but this is an exception. It is a creamy light minty green colour and it's completely different to anything I have in my whole collection. You can see it swatched here and I definitely recommend it, it is such an unique shade.

Essie // £7.99
Models Own // £4.99
Nails Inc // £14


19 comments:

  1. Love these shades and the fact the sunnier weather means we can wear more softer, pastel shades! Porchester Sqaure is so pretty! xx

    Eunice Caroline | theberryway.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Porchester Square is an amazing shade! I highly recommend it :) x

      Delete
  2. Peach Puff paint like best <3 <3
      http://judymuhely.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous picks, I had been debating picking up Sugar Daddy and it sounds so lovely - definitely have to enter your giveaway ;)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlee, Sugar Daddy is one of my all time favourites! x

      Delete
  4. Oh I am all over these pastel shades! I'm currently wearing Absolutely Shore by Essie which looks quite similar to that Nails Inc. one ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Shore looks like an amazing shade, it's definitely very similar to the NailsInc one ;) x

      Delete
  5. Such gorgeous colours! I love Essie sugar daddy, works really well as a french manicure colour too :) xx
    www.surelychar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! Sugar Daddy is such a versatile shade :)

      Delete
  6. Love the look of Models Owns pastels, I need to pick some up I love spring colours!
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Models Own do have great pastel shades, although I think Peach Puff is discontinued because I couldn't find it anywhere online! x

      Delete
  7. These are such stunning colours! I really need to get Porchester Square!

    Cass | CassandraMyee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to get your hands on Porchester Square, it's a great everyday shade. :) x

      Delete
  8. I actually adore the formula of the Nails Inc Gel Polish, lasts so well on my nails.

    Kathryn /Cherries in the Snow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They lasts for days on my nails too! I normally can get away with about 2/3 days but with this formula, they last 4/5 days :D x

      Delete
  9. Spring is my favourite season for nail polish, as I adore pastels! All your picks are stunning, but I especially love Deborah Lippmann's PYT & Nails Inc's Holland Park Gardens :)

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Alice :) Deborah Lippmann PYT is a stunning shade and the Nails Inc one, is something I'm not used to wearing but it's such a unique shade! x

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I'm glad you like them. x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x