Wednesday, 1 April 2015

THE ROUND UP | MARCH 2015

This month consisted of rediscovering old favourites. I organised my make up and I found a lot of things that I loved in the past but they were hidden at the bottom of the pile and so I just decided to start using them again. I normally get stuck in a rut and I keep using the same old products everyday, so I don't really change things up, but this past month I decided to change things up a little.
 The first thing I rediscovered was the NARS Foreplay palette (again with the explicit names!). It contains three blush shades (one being orgasm) and one gold highlighter. I have been loving the top coral shade this past month, it is a matte and is very pigmented. It lasts for ages on the skin but it also looks natural. As you can see I dropped this palette and it completely broke. The mirror broke (bring on 7 years bad luck!) and it came apart, I was surprised none of the products broke either! I have been using it with the Zoeva Luxe Sheer Cheek brush, it is an angled brush and so it makes it really easy to apply blush. I found that it does not pick up so much product so by using it for the coral matte blush from the palette is great!
 Next up is the Benefit Roller Lash mascara, I posted a review last month and whilst I wasn't a fan at first because it was too wet, I really like it now since it has dried up a little. It lengthens my lashes and really holds a curl! It's amazing! Another Benefit product is the Ooh La Lift, which is an under eye brightener. I use it under my concealer and it looks like I have had 8 hours of sleep, when in reality I have only had 5! 
The NARS Laguna bronzer is an old favourite. I think everyone loves this bronzer and for good reason too. It is not too orange nor does it look muddy on the skin. It has some shimmer but this is barely noticeable on the skin. The Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Blacquer is another favourite this month, I have been using this to line my eyes and it's great! I have very watery eyes, and for something to still stay on after a long day is shocking. This does just that! It's so pigmented and once it sets, it does not budge, but it is not a pain to remove. The Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Liar is another favourite this month. It is a pinky brown nude and I have kept this in my bag (as it is a mini) for random touch ups on the go. It's long lasting and it does not dry out your lips.

18 comments:

  1. Great picks! Roller Lash is AMAZING! I have also been going back to some old favourites in March :)x

    Toni x
    clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toni. I'm definitely a fan of Roller Lash since it's dried out a little now :) x

      Delete
  2. Before I read this post, I didn't know such a thing as NARS Foreplay existed. Now Ineeditinmyliferightnow. It looks beautiful! And I bet that Zoeva brush is a dream to contour with. *Sigh at your beautiful collection!*

    Rambling of a Beauty Blogger | http://www.ramblingofabeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Charley! Although my collection is nothing special - haha! The NARS palette is great, I think it was the first product I ever brought from NARS! x

      Delete
  3. Every time I rest my eyes on a Zoeva brush I need to hold myself from getting it and my oh my does that cheek brush look awesome!

    Allie | RainyAllie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoeva brushes are amazing! I have had this brush for nearly a year now and I have had no problems with shedding - it's great. You NEED them in your life ;) x

      Delete
  4. I adore Nars blushes, they're so pigmented and the shade range is amazing! I'm desperate to get my hands on some Zoeva brushes, at the moment; everyone seems to love them!

    Alice from Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had my Zoeva brushes for nearly a year now and they're great! They wash well and none have shed. You need to get your hands on them :) x

      Delete
  5. The Foreplay palette looks lovely, I still haven't tried any NARS products yet as I can't seem to find their counters anywhere. I love my little Roller Lash sample too xx

    Roxie ♥
    thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They normally have a NARS counter in SpaceNK and if you're in London, they have one in Selfridges too. :) x

      Delete
  6. Stunning pictures and even more gorgeous products! Laguna and Rollerlash have become huge holy grails for me too :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Elle :) I'm surprised I even like Roller Lash, but it's amazing at lengthening and holding a curl! x

      Delete
  7. Ah I love Roller Lash so much, it's amazing and my favourite mascara right now xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab post, I really need to go through my makeup as I’m sure I have some hidden gems that need finding out again :) The Nars palette looks absolutely stunning, I’m always mortified when I drop a makeup product out of fear of it smashing :( Liar looks really gorgeous :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first product I've dropped and I've dropped it twice. My heart sank the second time because I thought it was completely smashed - haha! Liar is a great nude shade x

      Delete
  9. Great favourites, that NARS palette looks gorgeous and the UD lipstick is the perfect shade!

    Alex
    efflorescentdream.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The UD lipstick is a great nude shade, I'm definitely going to purchase the full size x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x