Friday, 24 April 2015

THE SEPHORA SPRING HAUL #3

It's no surprise that I probably spend way too much money on make up but even though I show a lot of 'hauls' here on my blog, my 'collection' is not excessive. I use everything I have and if I don't like something I would either pass it on or just throw it away. However, recently Sephora had a huge sale going on and even though the codes did not work for people outside the US/Canada, I still decided to have a look on the website - huge mistake! Next thing I was checking out and 5 days later, it arrived. Having said that, I was actually pretty excited and I couldn't wait for my order to arrive.
I have heard so much about the new Kat Von D Shade + Light contour palette and I knew I wanted to try it. I have gotten into bronzing and contouring a lot more recently and if you were to ever tell me two years ago that I would be into it, I would have laughed. Now I don't do the whole highlighting and contouring thing so much so that I change the shape of my face! But I do like adding a little bit of definition to my cheeks. I have heard that this palette is better than the Anastasia contour palette and even though I haven't tried that, I'm excited to see how this goes. I will post a review of this palette soon, so be on the look out for that.
Taking a break from make up for a little while, I saw a mini trio of the Peter Thomas Roth masks. I have been wanting to try the cucumber gel mask and the pumpkin enzyme mask for a while now and when I saw that Sephora had a trio, I instantly added it to my basket. The trio contains the cucumber gel mask, which helps to cool down and soothe dry and irritated skin and as of late, I have been suffering from. It also contains the pumpkin enzyme mask, which helps with resurfacing the skin. It also contains the rose stem cell mask and even though I have heard a lot about this, I wasn't intrigued although having said that, I'm pretty excited to use it. It helps to brighten and hydrate the skin along with reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
Going back to makeup and more specifically lip products. I have been in a liquid lipstick phase lately, I can't get enough of them! I have heard a lot about the Sephora Cream lip stains and I wanted to try a few. Of course I played safe and I got two pink shades. The first is Pink Souffle (06), which is an everyday pink shade. It has a bit of shimmer running through it, in the tube but on the lips this is barely visible. The other shade I chose was Cherry Blossom (07) which is brighter than Pink Souffle and a lot more cooler in tone. The other liquid lipstick I chose is the well known and hyped up Kat Von D liquid lipstick in Lolita. Now I have seen so many different pictures of this and in some it looks pink or grey. I was a little hesitant because I remember last year, when I was in Vegas, I really liked it but I couldn't remember what it looked like(!) I'm glad I brought it and it actually doesn't look like anything in the swatches I've seen. It is described as a dusty rose shade and on me, it's just a few shades darker than my lip colour. It does look very different on the lips than it does on the skin.

I think if you were to buy just one thing from this entire haul (although I recommend them all!) I would suggest the Kat Von D palette. It's amazing!! We definitely need to get Kat Von D here in the UK. Also, did you pick up anything from the Sephora sale?

14 comments:

  1. I just recently had the chance to visit Sephora and I got one of the cream lip stains and I absolutely love the formula! You picked gorgeous shades! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I've gotten so many compliments (esp on shade 06), they're very long lasting but not drying at all :) x

      Delete
  2. Ooh I need to check this palette out! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do! It's such a nice palette and it's great if you're terrible at the whole contouring/highlighting deal (like I am) since it makes it so much more easier :) x

      Delete
  3. Jealous of the contour palette - but why no taupe contour shape (just like Anastasia's - odd!).

    LOVE the Sephora cream lip stains - good choice!

    Georgina
    foxonthehunt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first brown shade is much cooler but it's not a taupe shade, yet it works wonders as a contour shade. x

      Delete
  4. Looks amazing!!!! I must try ASAP! Thanks for the recommendation x

    Ciara-Rose | http://ciararose25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Ciara, have you managed to try it out? x

      Delete
  5. amazing post !!!

    lovely blog you have here



    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the Sephora Cream Lip Stains, they are of great quality.

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, I think I need more - haha! ;)

      Delete
  7. The Sephora lip creams look super gorgeous! I have heard so much about them really need them in my life..

    http://sabina-ahmed.blogspot.co.uk/

    Sabina :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing! They're not too drying on the lips either :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x