Friday, 8 May 2015

MAC | WASH AND DRY SUMMER COLLECTION 2015

Okay, I have a problem. A MAC problem to be more specific. Ever since I saw the promo photos for this collection, I knew I wanted it. Last week, on Thursday I received an email from MAC and I instantly jumped on my laptop and made an order. As soon as I was done, the majority of items were sold out. I picked up four products from the entire collection, so I didn't go mad but I'm glad I picked these up.
The first product I knew I wanted was one of the lipsticks, I initially wanted Creme d'Nude but I remembered that it does not suit me at all #concealerlips so I skipped that and I brought Tumble Dry instead. This is a peachy orange shade that has a sheer finish, and that's one of the things I like about this product. As much as I want to wear brighter lipsticks, I just can't and so I prefer to use sheerer lipsticks. This is a lustre so it has a sheen to it too.
The next thing I picked up was the new Studio Sculpt Defining Bronzing Powder in Delicates. This is a new product from MAC and whilst some people are not very fond of it, I actually like it! It is not as intense as it may seem in the pan but I like how it can be built up on the skin. Delicates is a medium dark brown shade that does have a golden sheen to it however on the skin, this just looks amazing! Think NARS Laguna but without the shimmer and instead having a satin finish.
The next item I got was the High-Light powder in 'Freshen Up'. This is a tri-coloured powder that has a gold overspray. I know some people are upset that it has an overspray but honestly, it doesn't matter to me. It has a deeper coral shade, along with a lighter orange and a yellow-y beige. Swirled altogether and this looks amazing! I definitely will not be wearing this altogether as a highlight, but I think using the lighter shade as a highlight might work?
The last product I brought was a blush. I got the shade 'Hipness' and the camera does not pick up this shade at all, it looks a lot darker in the photos above but in person, it is one/two shades lighter. It is pinky coral that has a matte finish to it.
As you can see, all of these shades just scream summer to me, plus the packaging is amazing! If I was to choose one thing from the collection, it would probably be the bronzer, but that's because I'm on a bronzer kick at the moment but the darker lip shades look amazing too!



12 comments:

  1. This collection is so pretty! It's not out yet here in the US but I can't wait to get my hands on some of the products. I really like the look of the highlighter and Tumble Dry and you're right all shades scream summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, did you manage to get your hands on anything?? ;)

      Delete
  2. Wish I knew about this collection earlier! That packaging is just gorgeous!! The highlighter and lipstick look lovely x

    Toni x
    clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! The packaging is amazing though!

      Delete
  3. The packaging of this collection is so pretty and fun! I'm always late to get anything I want from the limited collections :( x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is still available online so you might be able to get something from the collection :)

      Delete
  4. everything looks absolutely beautiful! i wouldn't mind trying out something from the collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you manage to get something from the collection? :)

      Delete
  5. WOW! These are all so amazing!! I love the green packaging! www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is amazing, I love it! :)

      Delete
  6. Everything looks so pretty. Your photos are amazing! x

    http://littlemissmexo.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x