Friday, 1 May 2015

THE ROUND UP | APRIL 2015

This month was the most of rediscoveries for me. I rediscovered one of my favourite bronzers and mascara! Now I mentioned in a previous post that I was liking the new Benefit Roller Lash mascara and in fact, I even mentioned it in my last monthly favourites. However, after using it for a while I noticed that it wasn't doing much for my lashes, it did provide some length but I was not 'wow-ed' by it anymore. I decided to have a look through my stash and I found an old favourite of mine which is the Benefit BAD gal lash mascara. This has the typical fat wand so it really does add volume to your lashes and both of these mascaras are amazing together! I get the volume I want, along with the length I need.
Another favourite this month is by Benefit (again!) and it is their balms. I purchased Lollibalm last year and I have used it non-stop ever since. I picked up two more shades, ChaChabalm (an orange shade) and Posiebalm (a pinky coral), both of which go hand in hand with the tints. Normally I forget to apply something on my lips in the morning so I have been keeping these in my bags and they are great to touch up on the go. Since they are sheer, I don't need a mirror to apply them but they add a nice wash of colour to your lips whilst also hydrating your lips.
Another Benefit product is the well known and much needed Hoola bronzer. This is a matte bronzer and it is the perfect shade since it does not look muddy or orange on the skin. I have been applying this all over my face to add some colour back into my skin and it just makes me look like a bronzed goddess - haha! It is great as a contour shade too since it has no shimmer in it, unlike the NARS Laguna bronzer (which I have hit pan on!). To go with my whole 'bronzed goddess' look, I have been reaching for my new Clinique Cheek Pop blush in Peach Pop, I mentioned it and have shown swatches here. The formula of this blush is amazing, it is baked but it feels like a cream and it blends amazingly into the skin, plus it lasts practically all day!
For my nails, I mentioned in a previous post my top five favourites from spring and in there, I showed the Nails Inc nail polish in Holland Park Gardens, which is a pastel sage green. Now I'm normally not one for green nail polishes but there is something about this shade that I can't get enough of, in fact this is the only shade that I have been wearing all month!
As much as I love make up, I love skincare even more. I love trying out new cleansers, masks and exfoliators so this much. The Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil has been my go to this month. I tried it in Vegas last year and I loved it. I remember picking one up but I thought I forgot it in my hotel room, however it was not until this month when I found it (unopened and still in the Sephora bag of course) in my suitcase! Needless to say, I was so excited (I even found a few other beauty products still in my suitcase from Vegas!) and I have been using it everyday since. It is an oil that you apply to dry skin and in circular motions, you massage it into your skin and it breaks down your make up. It's as simple as that but I notice that my skin feels a lot more smoother and it even looks a lot more cleaner after I have used it. Plus since my skin is dry, I feel as if it helps to moisturise my skin too. If you have not tried this cleanser, then I suggest you do!



16 comments:

  1. The benefit roller lash was one of my favourites for march x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good mascara but try it with a volumising mascara and it's amazing! x

      Delete
  2. Benefit is literally my favourite brand EVER! I have Rollerlash and Hoola and I looooove it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own so many benefit products, they're so good! x

      Delete
  3. The Boscia cleansing oil is fabulous! Quite refreshing. I also really love the Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil and Butter if you're looking to try another! :)

    Ciana // ciananadine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Body Shop one sounds amazing! Thank you for the recommendation :) x

      Delete
  4. I treid out the Chacha balm in the shop and I wasn't really overwhelmed by the texture... I do really like my hoola bronzer ;)

    Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I actually really like the texture..it helps to keep my lips hydrated throughout the day - maybe give it another go? :)
      As for Hoola? Well, it's amazing! x

      Delete
  5. I really like the Roller Lash mascara, but just like you, if I want a bit more volume I use first a different mascara and then finish with the benefit one :) I need to try the Clinique Pop blushes, they sound great nad they just look adorable! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clinique blushes are amazing! You need to try it :)

      Delete
  6. I haven't tried layering roller lash with another mascara - thats a great idea. I need to try out the benefit balms, the coral one looks lovely.

    PhotoJennic 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely layer the roller lash mascara with another one, it makes such a big difference :D

      Delete
  7. Lovely favourites, those balms are so pretty, I need them in my life!

    Laura xo
    http://www.lauralopezbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, the balms are great to touch up on the go :)

      Delete
  8. i love those clinique blushes!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x