Thursday, 25 June 2015

THE 5 MINUTE FACE FOR SUMMER

Now that it is Summer, I do not want to spend 30 minutes applying make up every single morning and as of late, I have been reaching for a handful of products which have been my go to and are my fail safe. Summer for me, means less make up and looking more dewy than usual, and so I thought I would show you how I prep my makeup for Summer so I can be done in just 5 minutes.
Starting off with my base, I have been loving the NARS Radiant Tinted Moisturiser (shade: St Moritz - medium 1). This is the perfect shade for me at the moment and for someone who has a hard time finding a base that will match my face to my neck, this is perfect. Whilst it is still a tinted moisturiser, if I want some added coverage I go for my NARS Radiant Creamy concealer (shade: Custard - medium 1) which is perfect for under my eyes to help brighten the area up a little along with covering any blemishes I may have.
To add some colour back into my skin, I have been reaching for my MAC Studio Sculpt Defining bronzing powder (shade: Delicates), this is a waterproof powder so it is perfect for the hotter months, plus I love the fact that this is very buildable and it does not look red/orange on the skin, so if I want to contour with it, I can! For blush, I have been loving the MAC high-light powder (shade: Nude Pink), since this is a nude blush it adds that perfect amount of colour to the cheeks without looking over the top.
For my brows, I have been using the Soap and Glory Archery brow pencil (shade: hot chocolate), I love how it has a spoolie on one end to help groom your brows and distribute the product so it does not look too harsh. I know many people like the Anastasia brow wiz, but I think this is so much better and it matches my brows perfectly. Lastly, the one thing I have to apply before leaving the house is mascara. I have fairly sparse and short lashes to begin with and the one mascara I have found to work wonders is the Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara, I have been using the waterproof version lately and I think it is great for a waterproof mascara as it can still hold a curl and it does not budge at all!

So condensing my make up in the morning is probably the one way I prep for Summer so I can be done and out the door in 5 minutes to enjoy the sun and to make the most of my Summer. How do you prep for Summer?

16 comments:

  1. I definitely like to switch to lighter bases during Summer, I reach for BB or CC cream rather then foundation, most of the time I skip eyeshadow or just apply a light shimmering shade all over the lid. But bronzer, blush and subtle highlight are a must for that bronze glow look :) x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally don't wear eyeshadow on a daily basis and I especially skip it if it is hot outside, but bronzer and highlight are definitely a must :)

      Delete
  2. Great choice of products! I really want to try the NARS tinted moisturiser, I love having a lighter base for summer x

    Toni x
    clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The NARS tinted moisturiser is amazing! x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, I love changing up my makeup for the warmer months.

    Sarah x | sarahinwonderland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Nars Creamy Concealer! It works wonders!
    Shaguna
    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! Definitely moving towards this routine as well. Love wearing less makeup in the summer.
    I use a esteem lauder or lancome bb cream, but still working on powders/bronzers to go with it... :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the EL or the Lancome BB creams before, I'll definitely check them out :) x

      Delete
  6. I adore the Nars concealer, it is amazing! I really want to try the tinted moisteriser, do you know if it will be good for dry skin? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have dry skin and the NARS tinted moisturiser works great on my skin. It doesn't dry me out or cling to any dry patches :) x

      Delete
  7. I'd love to try the Nars concealer and tinted moisturiser..looks like I have a lot of saving to do
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I highly recommend them! ;)

      Delete
  8. I love the shade of that blush :)

    Ayre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing nude blush :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x