Wednesday, 3 June 2015

THE MAKE UP FOREVER HAUL

As you may or may not know, Make Up Forever is now sold at Debenhams (both online and instore) and I instantly knew I wanted to pick up a few things when it launched. Make Up Forever is one of my favourite brands, I adore the HD foundation and the HD powder is just amazing! I picked up one of the new primers along with a few other things and I thought it would be interesting to show you all what I brought and my thoughts on the products since I have been using them for a while.
Starting with lips, I picked up two products. The first being the Aqua Lip pencil in 1C (nude beige), I wanted to get my hands on this lip liner ever since I went to Vegas last year. Unfortunately, they didn't have any left in the Sephora I went to so I forgot all about it until now. This is literally my perfect nude, I have fairly pigmented pink lips and this really helps to even it out. More importantly it suits my skin tone as it does not make me look dead and plus I love the fact that it glides easily on the lips without tugging or pulling. Another product I brought was a new release from MUFE and it is the Artist Plexi-Gloss. I picked up the shade 206, which is a bright fuchsia pink. As you can see from the photos, the wand of this gloss looks a little gimmicky but I have found that it fits perfectly on the lips and it helps to apply the product evenly.
For the face I picked up the new Step 1 Hydrating primer. I have pretty dry skin so I really wanted to try a hydrating primer to see if it would make any difference when applying a foundation. I've tried it for a few weeks now and I have noticed a difference, my skin feels a lot softer and foundation does not cling to any dry patches, I highly recommend these primers!
For the eyes, I couldn't decided what to try so I thought the best way to try something was from the set. There were two available and I chose the Aqua Liner kit, which includes a full size of the Aqua liner, and three mini deluxe sizes of the Aqua Smokey lash waterproof mascara, the Aqua Eyes eyeliner and the Sens'eyes cleanser. I have yet to try the mascara but the cleanser is great at taking off waterproof mascara plus it doesn't sting my eyes! I've tried the Aqua liner a few times and it is amazing! It lasts all day and it does not fade during the day, plus it is so easy to create a cat eye.
As for the Aqua Eyes eyeliner, I'm not much of a fan. As you can see in the swatch above, it is not as intense as the black eyeliners I have currently in my collection but I have yet to try it and I will keep you all posted.

Have you managed to pick up anything from MUFE? What are your favourite products from the brand? I wanted to try the sculpting duo, however Debenhams are not stocking it at the moment, so I have to wait until it is available here. Also, I wanted to say that I know I have been very quiet here on my blog, but last month I had a ton of exams and assignments due, so I was very busy with that. However, I am back and expect a post every three days (as usual) here on my blog.

Aqua Lip pencil // £13.00
Artist Plexi-Gloss // £16.00
Aqua Liner Kit // £24.00

16 comments:

  1. I want so many Make Up Forever products it's getting ridiculous. Thank you for sending over your link during on Twitter x

    www.pintsizedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and MUFE is an amazing brand!

      Delete
  2. I've never actually heard of Make Up Forever before but these products look amazing! Love the finish of the liner.

    ♥ Amy | All Things Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MUFE is one of my favourite brands! The liner is great though :)

      Delete
  3. I have wanted to try out some Make Up Forever products for ages! But I can't make up my mind what to get!

    Lovely blog!
    Love, Francesca xx
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this post helped though, the set is probably one of the things I'd recommend for someone who doesn't know where to start :)

      Delete
  4. Great haul, I'm so happy MUFE is available here yay!

    Sarah x
    sarahinwonderland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, this has made my want everything you've posted!

    Feel free to pop by my blog sometime if you have some spare time on your hands

    chocolatechatterboxx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. The HD powder is great, although not so much for flash photography :)

      Delete
  7. This got me excited to make my first MUFE purchase 😄
    Kookii || Beauty By Her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad I could help :)

      Delete
  8. I like the look of the Aqua liner kit, I might have to pick this up next time I see it

    Emma emhasrednails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kit is amazing, I highly recommend it :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x