Thursday, 16 July 2015

MY NEW FAVOURITE BASE

If you've been following my blog for a while, then you will know that I really do not like to wear foundation. On a daily basis, I simply apply concealer under my eyes/on any blemishes and I call it a day however, all this has changed ever since I tried the new(ish) Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream.
I have been looking for a base to wear on a daily basis for a while now, as I have many weddings/parties coming up soon and I thought instead of wearing a foundation, as I really do not like how it looks on my skin and I really do have a hard time finding a foundation which matches my neck and/or does not make my face look pink compared to the of my body, maybe a tinted moisturiser would do the trick? I have heard a lot about this tinted cream and how great it is for people who suffer from dry skin, so I thought I would try it out.
Now, I have to say if you suffer from dry skin, you will love this! When you first apply this on the skin, you are instantly greeted with a cooling effect and, unlike most tinted moisturisers which you first are greeted with the pigment and then the hydration, the Complexion Rescue is the opposite. The instant boost of hydration helps to create a more radiant and dewy finish to the skin, so you look and actually feel healthier and hydrated. As this is a tinted moisturiser, it does not provide full coverage but it does cover any redness you may have, and for any extra coverage I may need I just use a concealer. It does not feel sticky on the skin and it lasts for a pretty long time before it starts to fade (around 6 hours), also as it has a dewy finish, I do set my t-zone with a powder just so I do not get really shiny through out the day. 

For shade reference, I brought the shade Ginger which is great for those who have medium skin with golden undertones (for MAC reference: NC30/NC35) and although it is a bit light for me now, as I have a tan, I have found that I can still work with it as it blends into the skin effortlessly. I also brought the dual fibre Smoothing Face Brush, which is supposed to go hand in hand with this hydrating gel cream. I found that it makes the product look a little streaky so I prefer to use a flat kabuki brush, which actually helps to provide more coverage to the skin. Although, I have tried this with other foundations and I really like how it creates an airbrush finish.

The one thing I love about Bare Minerals is the fact that their products also have skincare benefits. Now I've been using this for the past few weeks or so and I have noticed a huge difference in my skin. I feel like my skin does not feel tight and it looks a lot more brighter (when I am not wearing make up).

11 comments:

  1. Wow, this post is absolutely amazing! ♥

    xoxo ♥ www.beingasanmonica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab post hun, I’ve heard so many good things about this recently and really want to get my hands on this cream. I love the sound of this especially as it covers redness as sometimes you have to conceal extra blemishes when wearing a TM and the lasting power sounds great for a tinted moisturiser.

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot recommend this enough, it's great if you have dry skin :) x

      Delete
  3. Wow! I thought I was the ONLY beauty blogger alive that didn't like to wear foundation on a daily basis!!!! AH! We are so similar this is crazy. I have dry skin, and went for a tinted moisturizer instead of a full-coverage foundation because it's the only thing that didn't make me get "tomato face"!! WHAT.
    This sounds like a dream. You're right most TM's offer the pigment first, hydration later. My face can get really irritated and that's one of the main reasons I use a setting spray. I can blast my face with something resembling water without mussing up my makeup.
    I'm currently using NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer and I love the way it looks and mostly like the way it feels.. But this complexion rescue sounds like a step up from PRTM. Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm very excited to try this Bare Minerals product. SERIOUSLY THANK YOU AGAIN.

    Much LOVE!
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't like to wear foundation AND my face gets irritated too! The NARS TM is amazing too as it covers a lot for a TM. I feel like this does not cling to any dry patches and it really does make your skin feel so much more hydrated, as it has a cooling effect (v. subtle) when you first apply it. They're both great and there's no need to thank me! *blushes!* x

      Delete
  4. I love this stuff!! Especially in the summer when I can't be bothered to wear a thick foundation on a daily basis. Great post!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taylor! It really is amazing, I just need to get a darker shade because this is way too light for me now! x

      Delete
  5. this sounds really nice, i've been recommended it a few times as i have really dry skin but i'm hesitant as sometimes i like more coverage - i'll have to get a sample i think!
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hesitant too because I didn't think it would be as great as it is. Definitely check it out :) x

      Delete
  6. I'm the same, I hate wearing foundation everyday, so this looks great!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14276979

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x