Wednesday, 1 July 2015

THE OH-SO FAMOUS LORAC PRO PALETTE

When I was in Vegas last year, I tried to hunt down an Ulta to buy the oh-so-famous Lorac Pro Palette but unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on it and so I gave up trying to get it. It was not until a few months ago when I came across the Labelle UK website and it was in stock! 
 Lorac is a brand we can't get here in the UK, so when I saw it on the website I instantly put it in my basket and I could not wait for it to arrive. It contains 16 shades, which are both matte and shimmer equally in a slim and compact palette. The one thing I was really interested in was 'is it really buttery soft' like all American YouTubers have been saying? And to be honest, it really is! 
As you can see from the swatches above, they are pretty pigmented and this is without using a primer. It contains all the shades you will need on an everyday basis and I have found that they are very easy to blend and they last all day, without fading. The only strife is that the shades 'expresso' and 'black' are switched around and I did not notice this until now, as I am writing this post but that's just my OCD coming out a little but the palette still works - haha! 
It also comes with the mini Behind The Scene eyeshadow primer and I have tried this primer and it is pretty good. I have heard people comparing this to the UD Naked palettes and whilst I have both Naked 1 and 3,  I would say that it is similar to Naked 1 but I have found that in this palette you get a wider variety of colour like 'white', 'pewter' and 'garnet', both of which are stunning!

20 comments:

  1. I love the Lorac palettes, especially their Pro line. I have The first, second the pro to go and the Pro Mega palette, yes I know I'm a huge fan :)) They just released smaller palettes that look really nice, one is a Pro Matte palette and it contains all matte shades and the other is Pro Metal, has foiled finish eyeshadows. They're both $28 each which in my opinion is a steal for what you're getting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a steal! I just wish Lorac was more available here in the UK

      Delete
  2. Ugh, that palette is so gorgeous. I need to pick it asap.
    Shaguna
    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete
  3. those colors are gorgeous!! I've never tried this palette before.
    x,Abril

    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I picked it up, it's so versatile :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It really is, I'm obsessed with the shimmering shades

      Delete
  5. I need to get this palette - I've been putting it off because it's pretty pricey but you've completely sold me once again. Thanks for the review. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, whoops! Sorry Taylor but it is a stunning palette :D

      Delete
  6. Wow, I've wanted this palette forever but the shipping/customs from Nordstrom is ridiculous. Definitely signing up for a stock notification. Great review and swatches, made me want it even more.

    Sarah | sarahinwonderland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Sarah and sorry for being such an enabler - haha!

      Delete
  7. I am so sad that Lorac is so hard to get here in Canada. I really need to find a site or place that sell's it because this palette has been on my wishlist for so long!

    Check out my blog?
    Krystal @ Little Beauty Bug | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorac definitely needs to be more available, it seems like an amazing brand.

      Delete
  8. I wish It was easier to get Lorac in the UK, this palette is so beautiful! The Pewter and Garnet are so pretty and I cant believe the pigment from the matte shades too!

    Eloise x // mallowbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garnet is a stunning shade, I'm obsessed with it

      Delete
  9. This Lorac palette is sooo pretty, I've been lusting after it for aages! I'm so jealous haha the colours look amazing. (Although, it's really bothering me that Espresso and Black are the wrong way around, now you mention it!) x

    Peppermint and Panda Eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it bothered me too when I was writing this post and I really want to swap them around now - haha!

      Delete
  10. This palette is so pretty, but I can't really afford it now. I think I'll have to save up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth saving up for :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x