Saturday, 19 September 2015

FAVOURITE MAC LIPSTICKS


If someone were to say to me that I would be loving lip products back in 2013, I would have laughed. Lip products were something I used to avoid because I did not use to like how it felt on the lips. I have since then discovered lip products which I love and thus, my obsession grew! More specifically, MAC lip products. I know many people avoid MAC, but for me, MAC is my fail safe. I will always find something that I would like whenever I'm looking for a new shade. They have a ton of different finishes and although the prices have increased dramatically over the years, it's something I can overlook - unless it comes to £18 per lipstick, which would be ridiculous!
My first ever MAC lipstick was the shade Sweetie. I remember being in duty free and instantly being drawn to the shade. I also remember asking the sale assistant if I could have the shade 'lustre' *hides in the corner - haha!* It is a true pink lipstick, which has some shimmer in it but this is barely visible on the lips. This is the same bullet I brought all those years ago and surprisingly it still has that yummy vanilla scent. Also, it feels lighter compared to my other lipsticks, which is a little weird! The most recent MAC lipstick I brought is Fanfare, which is a yellow toned pink. This is definitely the 'your lips but better' shade. As it is a creamsheen, it feels amazing on the lips and it stays for a pretty long time compared to a lustre finish lipstick. 

The one shade I kept wearing during the Summer is Speed Dial. Again, this is a creamsheen so it feels great on the lips but it is very much a true Barbie pink but more wearable. I do like my pink lipsticks but more so, I prefer nude lipsticks - you can never have too many, right?! My ultimate favourite nude lipstick is Faux. I've recommended this to so many people and it's just a great shade to wear on an everyday basis. Now because we are going towards the colder months, the one shade that I opt for is Twig. This is much darker compared to Faux, as it is a muted pinkish brown but it is still wearable to wear every day. Both of these shades have a satin finish, so they are not quite matte but they have a little bit of a sheen to them. These are probably my favourite finishes from MAC, because they are so comfortable to wear but in terms of longevity, it is amazing.

20 comments:

  1. Faux looks amazing! I have about fifty shades of nude in my collection but there is ALWAYS room for one more ;) Love your story about duty-free. I am always fearful when traveling.. Not even of the travel itself, but of the possibility of finding a Duty free shop that carries MAC. I'll be bankrupt before my flight!!! lol!!

    Much Love!
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad you liked my little story - I still laugh about it to this day ;) x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is an amazing shade. It's definitely one of my favourites for the colder months.

      Delete
  3. Faux was one of my first Mac lipsticks and I absolutely love it.

    Sarah | sarahinwonderland.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great everyday shade! x

      Delete
  4. Love Faux and Fanfare. They are probably some of my favourite and most worn Mac lipsticks. x

    Renata
    LAST DAY TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY
    Win an UD Naked Palette (1,2,3 or Smoky) or an Anastasia Contour Kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both amazing shades :) x

      Delete
  5. I'm not fan of pink lipsticks but your shades are really pretty. MY currently favorite is heroine
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heroine is such a stunning shade, although I don't think I can get away with wearing it - haha! x

      Delete
  6. twig is a favourite of mine! Currently loving Brave which isn't too dissimilar! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brave is another one of my favourites x

      Delete
  7. I have Fanfare and it's such a lovely pink colour without being too bright.
    I don't have Faux but I will definitely be adding it to my list now!

    Sophie x
    www.booksandbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faux is an amazing shade! Definitely check it out :) x

      Delete
  8. These lipsticks looks lovely! I am yet to try any Mac lipsticks but first I am reading a few reviews to see which are the best :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Sarah you need to get one! They are probably one of my all time favourites! x

      Delete
  9. these shades are all so beautiful! I love speed dial too. lovely post
    ellenelizabethxo.blogspot.co.uk
    Ellen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen! Speeddial is an amazing shade! x

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. It's such a wearable colour too! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x