Monday, 7 September 2015

MAC FIX+ EXTENSIONS - YUZU & LAVENDER..

This post is a late but I still wanted to get it up. Last month MAC released the new Fix+ Extensions, which contained five new different scents (Coconut, Cucumber, Yuzu, Lavender and Rose). MAC Fix+ is targeted as a makeup setting spray however I would say that this is a finishing spray that helps to not make your makeup look cakey. It is said to be a lightweight, mineral rich finishing mist which refreshes the skin and finished the makeup. If you suffer from dry skin, like myself, then this is perfect. It helps to apply makeup a lot more smoother (if applied beforehand) and makes the skin look a lot more softer. 

I brought the scents Yuzu and Lavender and I'm in love. Yuzu, is a Japanese fruit which I have to admit I have never heard of. It reminds me of a sweet lemon, it is citrus scent but has a sweet smell to it. I didn't think much of this when I ordered it but when it came in the post, I'm so glad I picked it up. Lavender is another scent I picked up on a whim. Now if you have read my blog for a long time then you will know that I am not a fan of lavender and rose (which I have actually just ordered but it has not arrived yet) but there is something about this scent that I'm loving. It is not overpowering at all and it just relaxes you, like lavender is supposed to do.

Even though these are scented, the scent does not last very long on the skin at all, which is great because then you will not smell like lavender all day! Unfortunately these are limited edition but I know that they are going to be available in duty free this month and if you are lucky then you can still get them at some MAC stores.

MAC Fix+ // £17

6 comments:

  1. These sound so lush, the bottles are so pretty, too. I love the original Fix+.

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottles are stunning, I wish they make it permanent. x

      Delete
  2. i got the lavender one recently, love it! i have no idea how to use it though, i do have dry skin so i will try it before foundation like you say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could also use it to make eyeshadows more vibrant - the possibilities are endless ;) x

      Delete
  3. I was so excited by this release, and I love how this stops your makeup looking cakey. I have to agree the scent isn’t too overpowering, I just wish I had picked up Cucumber haha. Fab review hun :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I wish I picked up cucumber too! & I'm glad the scents are not overpowering otherwise it would be a bit much x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x