Wednesday, 16 September 2015

MY FAVOURITE CONCEALER...EVER?

I think it's no surprise to everyone who reads my blog, that I love NARS and so when I finally tried the NARS Radiant Creamy concealer last year, I was officially obsessed. Now I brought the concealer near enough a year ago and I wanted to post this after giving it a proper go, well I've been wearing this concealer every single day since and I can officially say that I can give it a proper review.
I brought two shades because my skintone is weird like that and nothing really ever matches me properly. Initially, I first picked up Ginger (which has a golden undertone and is for medium complexions), which is what I use to cover any blemishes etc on my face. However, I have found that if I was to apply this under my eyes, it would look really dark and so I picked up a shade lighter - Custard (which is more yellow toned and is for light to medium complexions). This is what I use to help conceal but also brighten up my under eye area, to help me look more awake and just alive to be honest - haha! Now if you're an NC30-NC37 in MAC, then these would probably be your best match in the whole range because there are SO many different shades and undertones to choose from!

NARS claims that it is long wearing and crease proof, which I have to admit is true. However I have noticed that if I applied too much under my eyes and then put my contacts in for example, I would be left with a finger print. However, by just setting it would powder would prevent this. It is also paraben-free, alcohol free, synthetic fragrance free and also non comedogenic, which essentially means that if you suffer from sensitive skin (like me) then this is great because it will not aggravate it.

In terms of coverage, this is probably one of the best full coverage concealers I have tried, without it looking cakey on the skin. I normally have a hard time with full coverage concealers because I find them to be too heavy on the skin, however this is not like that. In fact, you can barely feel this on the skin. It does not settle into any fine lines nor does it crease throughout the day. However, I have to mention two disadvantages and the the first is, it can be a little drying under the eyes. I noticed after a few months of using this, that my under eyes looked dry and so I started to use an eye cream again, and it did help with this. The second disadvantage, is the price as it is not the cheapest in the market but if you are looking for a new concealer then I do recommend it and definitely check it out in store before you buy it!


12 comments:

  1. sounds so good I'm dying to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to try it :) x

      Delete
  2. This looks great! I've been looking for a good concealer for ages so I might give this one a try! Cover my dark circles ;)
    Sophie x
    Beauty and Haircare Giveaway: http://www.thescientificbeauty.com/ultimate-back-to-uni-beauty-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go, it covers my dark circles like no other :D x

      Delete
  3. I have heard so many people raving about this. Also don't know why your blog isn't just called perfection as that is what it is! <3
    Niamh xoxo
    http://beautybud3598.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally with you on this! It's rather expensive but it's definitely worth the splurge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's definitely expensive for a concealer but it's one that I always reach for :) x

      Delete
  5. Sadly I didn't get on with this concealer. It creases badly under my eyes. :(

    Renata
    LAST DAY TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY
    Win an UD Naked Palette (1,2,3 or Smoky) or an Anastasia Contour Kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I haven't dealt with any creasing myself but I'm gutted that it didn't work for you :(

      Delete
  6. I still really want to try this I've heard so many good things about it. I used to hate having to put my contact in when my make up was already done, always got the pesky finger print!! x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a great concealer and I need to get another tube! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x