Friday, 4 September 2015

THAT 90'S LIP SHADE

As I mentioned in my last post, I purchased the new MAC Whirl lipstick from the matte collection, at duty free. When the collection first released, I didn't think much of it. I already own the original whirl lipliner and I didn't think I would even want the lipstick but when I saw it in duty free, I instantly knew I had to have it - plus it was a little bit cheaper, haha!

As you can see from the swatches above, they are practically the same shade. It is a rosy brownish mauve which suits almost any skin tone. However I have found that even though this is a matte lipstick, it is much more hydrating on the lips than the lipliner. It is a lot more easier to work with and it does not tug on the skin, like most lipsticks/lipliners tend to do. Now I suffer from pretty dry lips but I have found that this does not dry out my lips nor does it look drying on the lips. Overall, it is a stunning shade and I highly recommend it!

14 comments:

  1. The lipliner doesn't show up on my lips but the lipstick is the perfect nude for my skincolour!xx

    http://www.perks0fbeingnazia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you definitely need it Nazia :) x

      Delete
  2. I have to agree I didn’t think much of this range to begin with but I keep looking at Whirl and know I’m going to end up getting haha. I love that their matte formulas are not too drying either :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too! I love that this doesn't look/feel drying on the lips either - it's fab! x

      Delete
  3. I just bought the Whirl lip liner and I haven't even tried it, but now I want the lipstick too! It looks lovely and I'm a sucker for anything matte! x

    Violence & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I definitely recommend the lipstick and I'm glad it's permanent :) x

      Delete
  4. So beautiful! I'm so glad MAC decided to bring out 'whirl' in lipstick form..now to get a hold of it! x


    Ciara Rose | AllureImpassionedGoddess

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely lipstick! i think it looks nicer than velvet teddy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a stunning shade and I'm glad they've made it permanent! x

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing this with me! Glad it is more hydrating than the lipliner.. You've made me want this even more haha, just wish it was in stock.. Love your photography too xx
    @jodiemooresss http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jodie and I'm glad I could help - haha! x

      Delete
  7. This is definitely on my (rather long) MAC wishlist! Love a good 90s shade.

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I have been loving it recently :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x