Thursday, 10 September 2015

THE ONE CONTOUR PALETTE YOU NEED..

Finally! Right? I initially brought the Kat Von D Shade and Light contour palette way back in April and I've been meaning to post a review of this palette for the longest time ever but I actually wanted to give it a proper go before I actually wrote a review, just to see how it actually performed.
First things first, you need this palette! Now that's a big claim, especially from me because I do not really recommend products just because everyone's needs are different. As I said before, I've been using this for the last couple of months and I can say that it helps to contour and highlight your face so much more easier. I know many say that the Anastasia Bev. Hills contour palette is similar and whilst I don't own that, I can understand where people are coming from, however I feel like this palette is much more wearable.
So the palette comes with six shades, the first row being all lighter shades which are perfect for highlighting and the bottom row which is great for contouring/bronzing up the skin. All of these shades are matte and although they can be a little powdery, I can overlook this because I'm in love with this palette.
I use the shade Lucid, which is a cool toned beige and Lyric, which is a neutral yellow toned beige. Both of these are perfect for me to emphasis and highlight areas of the face. The last highlight shade is Levitation, which is a warm toned peach and I feel with a light hand, this can be great as a setting powder for all over the face. It does not work well with my skintone as a highlight shade, but if you have a deeper squinting - O M G this would look great on you!
For contouring I use the shade Sombre, which is a cool toned taupe brown. This is perfect for creating shadows and adding definition to your face, which essentially is what contouring is! I have found that this is literally the best contouring shade for me, it does not look muddy/dirty on the skin and did I mention that it's perfect?! I normally swap between the shades Shadowplay, a warmer medium brown and Subconscious, a cool toned brown, to bronze up the skin, depending on how tanned I am.

As for the packaging, I love it. It is comes in a slim palette and has a magnetic closure, which is perfect for traveling. It also comes with a large mirror which is great for touch ups on the go. Now, the only two disadvantages I can think of, is the fact that the pans are not refillable (like the Anastasia Bev. Hills one is) although I've heard that Kat Von D is releasing a refillable palette next year and that it is only available in Sephora in the US/Canada - Kat Von D just needs to come to the UK already!

Kat Von D Shade and Light // $46

Have you seen my blog sale yet?

6 comments:

  1. This does Look pretty amazing, I'm all about contour palettesat the moment.

    Rosy | sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only contour palette I have and I'm glad I brought it, it works wonders! x

      Delete
  2. I have heard so many lovely things about this, think I will have to order it and try it out for myself :-D x

    Makeup, Beauty & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, you need it! It's great! x

      Delete
  3. This palette looks amazing! I love the shade Sombre!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sombre is literally THE perfect contouring shade x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x