Tuesday, 22 September 2015

TWENTY-TWO THINGS I'VE LEARNT IN A YEAR..

photo credit - my instagram
Today I turn 23. Yes, 23! I know, I cannot believe it either. It feels just like yesterday I turned 16 and I was celebrating it whilst eating in Pizza Express. I guess not much has changed because I go to Pizza Express practically every month - haha! Although, I have to agree when they say that I am another year older and another year wiser, and so here are twenty two things I've learnt in the past year..

1. Trust your instincts.

2. Travel...more!

3. Meet your family/friends more often.

4. Continue drawing/sketching/painting.

5. Experiment.

6. Drink more water.

7. Exercise more - your metabolism is not what it used to be.

8. But then again, eat that cupcake or pizza if you really want it!

9. Explore. 

10. Go to bed early - you'll regret it in the morning.

11. Invest in pieces that you will still love in 10 years time.

12. Forget about the past.

13. Focus on your future.

14. It's okay if you still haven't figured it out yet.

15. Take pictures. Lots of them!

16. Carry on baking and make new things.

17. You will feel out of place/as if you don't belong and that's okay, you will understand that it's not meant to be.

18. Stretch - your body will ache and you might even do your back in (again!) but remember to stretch everyday.

19. You do have a style. It's comfort and classic - never forget it.

20. Budget. Budget. Budget.

21. People will still ID you, thinking you're 17 and underage. (no complaining here - haha!)

22. Life will throw you off. Just get back up and carry on.

I have to admit, the fact that I can no longer sing 'I'm feeling 22..' by TSwift sucks! But I'm looking forward to what the future will bring and I will continue to be happy by the fact that people are shocked when they hear how old I am - haha!

Have you seen my blog sale yet?

15 comments:

  1. Such a great post hun, I have to agree just travel I love doing it :) Since turning 20 I’ve developed a love for baking haha

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I seriously understand the whole not belonging somewhere thing, even if you don't realize it until you left.

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel more , that's a must !!! The eleven and the 20 are my favorite too , wisely words
    X, Abril
    The color palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel is a definite must, there's so much to be seen! x

      Delete
  4. I turned 23 a couple of months ago too and while I was a bit gutted at first, I'm excited for all the things to come and the rest of my 20s! x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I totally get what you mean although I'm still gutted I can't get away with singing '22' ;) x

      Delete
  5. Haha this is great! espeically the go to bed early one cannot pull of as many all nighters anymore. ive just turned 22 and cant believe it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to bed earlier is probably the best feeling ever! :D

      Delete
  6. These are great! I definitely agree with them especially travel more and life will throw you off. It's so nice to take time to reflect.

    Mallory
    perhapsbananas.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post - it's great to look back and think about the lessons learned over the past year :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x