Sunday, 18 October 2015

IS IT MAGIC? IS IT FOUNDATION?

 Since it was my birthday a few weeks ago, I decided to buy a few things that I have been wanting for sometime. I was browsing around in Selfridges - as you do! And I came across the new Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation. Now, if you have been reading my blog for a very long time, then you will know that I am not one to wear foundation on a daily basis. I normally cannot stand how it feels on the skin, so I opt for concealer on a regular basis. However, when I tested it on the back of my hand (and when I got colour matched) I fell in love. This is probably the one foundation that matches me perfectly, and that's saying something!
The new Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation is said to be a 'miracle in a bottle', it supposedly transforms the skin no matter the age, the tone or the type. It has a 'hyper-intelligent' formula that gives full coverage but it feels completely weightless on the skin. Unlike most full coverage foundation, this does not look nor feel cakey on the skin. It just makes your skin look flawless. It is said to cover any acne or acne scarring, it tightens the pores, helps to reduce shine and the one thing which surprised me was the fact that it is said to minimise oil production after just 9 weeks! It also covers any redness, rosacea, discolouration and melasma, along with helping to reduce over production of melanocytes - which causes any pigmentation issues.

I have noticed that whilst wearing this foundation, my skin looks a lot plumper which actually lives up to the claims that it smoothes the appearance of fine line and wrinkles and gives a more rested, refreshed look to the skin. It also says to reduce age spots by 75%. So there is a whole lot of science behind this foundation as it contains a broad spectrum SPF 15, magical luridly, hyaluronic filling spheres and vitamin C which helps to fight ageing effects. So as I said, there is a lot of science behind this foundation and whilst some are bit extreme, I can definitely say that this is one of my favourites. Considering it has been 5 years in the making, I feel as if CT has really hit the nail on the head with this one. It covers my redness along with any scarring I may have from previous acne, and even my dark circles! It is said to have a matte finish, however I would say more of a semi-matte.

I was matched to the shade 7, which is a neutral caramel for both medium to tan skin tones, who have a warm golden or olive undertone, so if you are around an NC35-37 in MAC then this would be your best match. The one thing I have to mention is the price. I was fairly surprised on how 'affordable' it is, considering it is a high end brand. It is under £30, which is still pricey however when you look at other foundations on the high-end market, it is one of the cheapest.




Have you seen my blog sale yet?

18 comments:

  1. This foundation is everywhere right now, it really does sound lovely though and I have to agree the price is pretty reasonable too!
    Jodie, xo // Jodie Loue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, for a high end brand I thought this would have been atleast £35+

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a great foundation. - I thought it would be more expensive x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's a great foundation though. x

      Delete
  3. I really want to get this foundation but it's not out yet in the US. Looks really nice blended I bet I'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will like it, it covers pretty much everything for me. :) x

      Delete
  4. I'm heading back up north next week and there's a CT counter in Manchester so popping in and picking this up. Your review was fab and I totally need it in my life.

    Sarah | sarahinwonderland.co.uk <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I'm glad you liked it and definitely check it out when you're in Manchester :) x

      Delete
  5. This sounds great! I hope to try it because everyone raves over it!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently tried a sample of this and loved it!! It's definitely going to be my pay day treat to myself :) xx

    Alice Anne // Annie Writes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's definitely a great foundation. Probably one of the best I've ever tried :) x

      Delete
  7. Sounds exciting! I don't think it's available in the US yet, but I'll definitely give it a try when I can.
    Beaumiroir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, let's hope it launches in the US soon! :) x

      Delete
  8. I need this! So glad you liked it =) xx

    http://thebeautyprep.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! I hope you like it too :) x

      Delete
  9. I second most of the comments above -- I can't believe how inexpensive this foundation is for being Charlotte Tilbury, not that I'm complaining haha :) This will probably be the first product I try from her line. Did you find that it caused any breakouts? I have really sensitive skin.

    Wendy | XOBeautyAddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I thought it would have been a lot more (at least £35+) but I'm so glad it isn't - haha! x
      My skin hasn't broken out with it, which is really surprising because my skin is pretty sensitive. Maybe try a sample? x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x