Tuesday, 6 October 2015

MARC JACOBS | DECADENCE

If you haven't seen the adverts for the new Marc Jacobs Decadence perfume then you are definitely missing out. Marc Jacobs is definitely one of my favourite perfume brands. I have quite a handful of his perfumes, simply because they can never let me down and so when I saw this perfume, I knew I would like it. 
This scent is different to any of my perfumes in my collection. It is definitely a strong evening perfume and that is one of the reasons why I brought it. I normally get stuck on what scent to wear in the evenings when I'm going out and when I first smelt this, I really liked it as it different to anything I have smelt before. Here are the notes:
Top: Italian Plum, Iris, Saffron Heart.
Heart: Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine Sambac, Orris.
Base: Liquid Amber, Vertiver, Papyrus Woods.
By looking at the notes, I didn't think I would like it as much as I do as it is very woody but the more I had it on my skin, the more I liked it. I first got a sample last week and I could not stop smelling myself because that's how good it smelt! It definitely changes on the skin throughout the day, by creating a very sensual and warming scent and so it is perfect for the evening. It lasted all day on the skin and for a few days after on my clothes, it's really quite amazing!
Now on to the packaging. It is absolutely stunning! It is probably not the most practical in the sense of travel, but I can look past that because I don't travel with mine. It is a luxurious bottle in the shape of a handbag, which is inspired by Marc Jacobs handbags. It is definitely a well made perfume bottle, everything from the faux green python skin to the gold chain to the black tassel, just screams glamour. This is definitely one to show off in your perfume collection.

 It is not the cheapest perfume out there but I expect no less from MJ, although I did purchase this from Escentual when they had 25% off all fragrances so it was definitely a lot cheaper. Have you smelt the new Marc Jacobs Decadence perfume yet? If so, then what did you think? Is there anything other new perfumes which are out that I have to smell? 



2 comments:

  1. Marc Jacobs is the ONLY perfume I will wear so this is something I need to check out for sure! xx

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to check it out! It's so unique :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x