Friday, 9 October 2015

MONTHLY BUYS #1

I thought I would start a new series here on my blog where I show you all what I have brought in the last month. I normally mention things that I really like here on my blog but I feel as if I should mention items that have not worked for me too. This past month I have been quite spendy but I justified it because it was my birthday month - woohoo!
I popped into Boots at the beginning of the month and I picked up a new Soap and Glory Archery brow pencil in Hot Chocolate. This is my ultimate favourite brow pencil which is very comparable to the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz however it only comes in two shades. I finished this at the beginning of the month and the next day I went out and brought it again. As it was 3 for 2, I also decided to branch out a little and pick up a few more items from the brand. I opted for the Kiss Ass concealer in medium. I have been eyeing this up for the past couple of years but I never brought it, however I had a chance to swatch it beforehand and I really liked it on the back of my hand. It covers my dark circles very easily and I love how compact it is, as it also contains a setting powder. Another product I picked up was the One Heck of a Blot powder. This is very good at keeping shine/oil at bay. Even though I have dry skin, I can get a little shiny on my T-zone, so having a powder on hand is essential. 
Fast forward a few weeks and along came my birthday. I always treat myself to something high end on my birthday, I mean, why not! So I picked up the new Chanel nail polish in Vert Obscur, which is a dark green nail polish. This is very different to anything I already own and as I enjoy wearing darker shades on my nails, I could not stop looking at this polish. Another product is the Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance. I have yet to try any make up product from Burberry, so I was testing out a few products from the brand. When I tested this on the back of my hand, it provided such luminosity that I knew I had to get it. I have been looking for a radiant primer to help me look more alive, especially as we go into the colder months.

The last product I picked up this month was the new Marc Jacobs Decadence EDP. I cannot explain how much I really like this perfume. In fact, I have already dedicated a whole post to this perfume if you want a more detailed review, but for now, all I can say is that it's amazing and go and smell it.

As I said before, I have been spendy this month but I justified it with the fact that I managed to get 15% off the Chanel nail polish and the Burberry base, along with 25% off the new MJ perfume! What have you brought this past month?? 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's an amazing shade, I keep wearing it! x

      Delete
  2. The Marc Jacobs perfume looks gorgeous!! I also love the S&G powder x

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The powder is great, definitely one of my new favourites :) x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The brow archery is my HG. It's amazing! x

      Delete
  4. I am really loving the Benefit Erase Paste concealer at the moment. But I'm definitely looking for a alternative one. I might pick the Soap & Glory Concealer :)

    love, lissyhayes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The S&G concealer is amazing at covering my dark circles x

      Delete

I love reading your comments on my posts, they honestly make my day!!
Remember to follow my blog for regular updates! Thank you! x